Platform Engineer - Terraform Cloud/DevOps/SRE
Posted on Jul 23, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Not Specified, PR
$135k - $155k Annual
Platform Engineer - Cloud/Site Reliability Engineer
- Looking for a candidate with Cloud (GCP preferred), Linux Windows IAAS platform Kubernetes Docker gateways GitHub terraform cloud sentinel Jira hashicorp.
- We are looking for an expert Terraform Cloud developer with significant public cloud experience. This role is for GCP, so this would be a distinct advantage, but we're open to other cloud backgrounds. You'll need a solid software development DevOps background, strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate and articulate what is and isn't possible to senior stakeholders, managing their expectations along the way using Agile Scrum and Lean methodologies.
- As part of the Cloud Platform Engineering team, you will be responsible for a large multi-project GCP environment that our internal application development teams rely on.
You will assist with maintaining and developing cloud-based shared infrastructure services, while continually implementing service improvements.
- You will be engineering, architecting, designing and supporting capabilities including landing zone guardrails, network connectivity, CI/CD infrastructure, security, observability and service catalog offerings.
- Create tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall platform
- Implement CI/CD pipelines to build the cloud platform, machine images and containers
- Implement resilience, availability, security, monitoring and alerting that is integrated into firm systems such as CMDB
- Automate system configuration and orchestration using DevOps tools & approaches, such as Terraform Cloud, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Harness, etc.
- Must have 3-5 years of extensive hands-on experience with various industry standard SDLC and Cloud products including Github Enterprise, Terraform Cloud + Sentinel, Jira, Hashicorp Packer & Vault, Splunk, Prisma Cloud, Checkmarx, Snyk, Artifactory, New Relic, Jenkins, Harness.io and Azure Active Directory.
- Strong coding background a must in either python, Java, golang, Perl or Shell Scripting. Must have wide and deep experience coding in Terraform. Strong expertise in security, cloud networking and SDLC related technologies, eg PKI, TLS, DNS, Secrets Management, Ci/CD, RBAC, Remote Access, SSO/OAUTH and DevSecOps code scanning.
- Must have 5 years of experience designing, developing and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with database technologies on Cloud/physical/virtual platforms
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience. Preferable 7+ years in an enterprise-level infrastructure platform role with a strong understanding of concept pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security, and recoverability across Cloud, Linux, Windows and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker and running service mesh and API gateways.
- Experience in 1 of the primary public cloud providers is a must. Direct experience in GCP and AWS is preferable.
- Ability to thrive in a high energy, high growth, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, learning new skills to implement new technologies
- Highly-collaborate team player who can build strong relationships at all levels of the technology and business organizations.