DB2 Mainframe Database Administrator Systems Support
Posted on Jul 23, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
DB2 Database Engineer Senior
LOCATION: Berkeley Heights, NJ - hybrid in office 3-5 days/week
Looking for a DB2 Mainframe database administrator. performance configuration database operation security system monitoring tuning disaster recovery 5 years DB2 in a large z/OS Mainframe environment - these are more technical DB2 DBA systems support NOT application DBAs
Must be in office 3/5 days a week
As a Sr. Mainframe DB2 DBA, you can look forward to:
- Collaborating with Development, Operations, and other technical teams on new and existing DB2 project implementations
- Maintaining DB2 system options and SQL for optimum performance and availability
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of DB2 standards and roadmaps
- Providing on-call support
- Leading efforts to guide team to best practices for database usage, high availability and business continuity.
- Creating and supporting databases across internal and end-user applications.
- Maintaining databases, including all production, backup and development systems
- Administering database security across all database environments as appropriate
- Providing guidance to other database administrators to expand the role and capabilities of the database environment.
- Maintaining a state-of-the-art knowledge of existing standard methodologies in database administration.
- Mentoring Jr. level DBA's
- Supporting application deployment and provisioning of database systems during business and non-operating hours
- Crafting and developing database processes (ie, stored procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions)
- At least 5 years hands-on experience supporting DB2 in large IBM z/OS Mainframe environment