IT Mainframe Program Manager
Posted on Jul 23, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking an IT Mainframe Program Manager. Candidate directs, plans, and coordinates multiple project activities to ensure the goals and objectives associated with a large global Mainframe infrastructure organization are accomplished within prescribed time-frames and funding parameters. Manages all aspects of assigned projects including managing activities of various teams. Establishes timelines and ensures project deadlines are met. Maintains integrity and cost containment of projects. Provides project management guidance to Mainframe organization team leads to ensure adherence to project management standards.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates multiple projects and ensures project initiatives and timelines are met.
- Using project standards, develops or implements project initiation processes by defining project scope, determining action items, assigning ownership, creating project timetables, and tracking execution and workflow; prepares, presents, and distributes project status reports.
- Using project standards, develops interdisciplinary project teams in coordination with other teams and end-user community to ensure deployment of new/changed/improved systems; serves as liaison to project sponsors, project teams, and stakeholders.
- Works with internal and external groups to optimize success of project deployment; communicates with user departments and project teams on project activities; confers with project staff and vendors to provide support and resolve problems.
- Assists the SVP of Global Mainframe Systems in the day-to-day administration of the Mainframe teams. Prepares technical and non-technical presentations, and performs related duties as required.
- Examples of projects: Air-Gap for Mainframe(s) to support physical isolation/segregation of workloads; Deployment and implementation of Mainframe-based compliance solutions; Mainframe-based DevOps (global); Zowe and z/OS SMF Automation; z/OS and ISV new release/maintenance deployments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, and Clarity
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Prior experience in providing status reports to senior leaders
- Understands moderately complex internal business processes or functions