Auto Technician / Mechanic II
Posted on Dec 17, 2018 by Penske
A Penske Auto Technician II will diagnose, adjust, and repair automotive, light truck and van series of equipment including, but not limited to the following: repair major components or remove/replace major components including the ability to diagnose and repair the following with little supervision: Engines (gas and light duty diesel), Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, Starters/ Alternators , Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Suspension components, Power steering systems, and Steering gear box (manual and power).
Shift: Monday-Thursday 2:00PM-10:30PM Friday 12:00PM-8:30PM
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, emission systems, fuel system components etc. with assistance.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
VEGA Americas, Inc.