Executive Chef 2 - Located in Charleston, SC
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Executive Chef 2 for The Citadel, located in beautiful Charleston SC. The Citadel is a high volume dining account serving 2400 cadets in a unique Mess Hall style service. Relocation Assistance available for position!
To learn more about the school's dining services, visit The Citadel.
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong culinary leadership skills in a University / College or Government Services environment, proven employee relationship skills and successful customer service and team-building skills. Experience in and proficiency with Sodexo's Food Management System (FMS)/D.R.I.V.E.; knowledge of HACCP, Ability to develop and manage a team of approximately 30+ culinary staff along with the ability to work a flexible schedule that will include some day, evening and weekend shifts is required.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- take a hands on approach to managing the daily food production including production planning and controls while ensuring Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- highly organized;
- develop menus;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train culinary employees;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens;
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) / DRIVE is preferred.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
The MIL Corporation (MIL)