Program Manager New Product Development
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Rockwell Automation
The New Product Development Program Manager is responsible for ensuring programs meet and exceed business goals as a member of the global team developing new products (hardware, software and embedded software) for the industrial automation market.
Program Manager will manage one or more programs, each with development budgets $15-$50M per year. Programs are comprised of several project teams, typically 8-10 people, each managed by project managers/ Scrum Masters. From within a large global organization, this role will be responsible for enabling better realization of business goals across projects/ programs by working with business, engineering and the project management organizations. Critical responsibilities include understanding the business strategies, establishing program roadmaps to track business value realization through incremental program milestones.
- Program management need to have clear understanding of business goals and engineering constraints as they evolve to maximize the realization of business value. This requires strong engagement with several functions, including business and engineering, to create a plan that adopts to dynamic investments, technology and market needs.
- This role will be responsible for the execution of the Agile Release Train (ART) as defined by the SAFe process, accelerating the delivery of business value, continuously managing program changes and monitoring ART velocity.
- This role will be responsible for evaluating investment risks on innovation during execution to meet business goals and managing the program uncertainty using common tools and best practices.
- Responsibility for the financial and schedule performance of assigned program and the ability to clearly communicate program priorities, expectations and risk across Rockwell Automation globally.
- The Program Manager must execute program related technical, interpersonal, motivational leadership and performance management of program teams through all phases of the program tracking business value changes and realization.
- This role must be able to apply the interpersonal skills required to lead, motivate and resolve conflict within a program team environment to meet program goals efficiently and ultimately meet the business goals for the program.
- Influence change and process improvements within the business, developing methods and systems for tracking program progress and present updates to business unit and senior management on progress. This position leadership is key in transforming the organization balancing processes to enable software development life cycle with right level of oversight for agility and governance for realizing business value (product & system).
- This role must network and partner with business management and/or third-parties, coordinate efforts to resolve complex problems, and respond and deliver timely and cost-effective quality solutions.
- Develop business metrics for assigned programs and projects to track performance relative to business goals and success criteria.
- Ensure thorough familiarity with Rockwell Automation company policies and procedures. Appropriately apply policies and procedures in compliance with governmental laws.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.