Human Resources Manager 2
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo , a leader in quality of daily life solutions is seeking a Human Resource Manager 2 to provide HR generalist support for Troy University located in Troy AL.
The selected individual will be part of a Human Resource team supporting approximately 20 supervisors, 160 union employees and 80 student employees.
The HR Manager will be responsible for supporting Resident Dining, Retail, Concession and Catering Department and _will be responsible for implementing, coordinating and/or administration of HR programs, including recruiting, training, development, and change management. They will participate in and/or lead HR initiatives and special projects. They will be the lead for key HR functions such as employee relations, talent acquisition and development, and legal & regulatory compliance.
The best qualified candidates will have a broad understanding of company HR programs and policies as well as a working knowledge of all aspects of Federal and State employment regulations as they pertain to Human Resources. The selected individual must be able to manage multiple projects while performing the day-to-day duties and responsibilities of the position. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are essential. Candidate should have a demonstrated level of proficiency in spreadsheets and Microsoft Office using a variety of PC applications. This position demands that candidates be results and people-oriented, possess strong analytical skills, while demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness. The ability to exercise independent judgment is critical.
Previous experience as a Human Resource Manager and/or a Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management is desired. The best qualified candidates must be able to present to large groups at all levels, as well as interact effectively in a one-on-one setting. You must be a self-starter with a strong sense of urgency. Previous human resource experience in a multi-unit or system environment is desired. Previous experience within a union environment is desired.
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for. Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Handles human resource functions and administration for single unit/account. May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
PrimeHealth Staffing, LLC
Farm Service Agency