Senior Manager, Pricing
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo Government is seeking a qualified Senior Manager, Pricing to join our finance team located in our Gaithersburg, MD office and reporting to our Director of Pricing. We will also consider well qualified candidates with strong Sodexo operations experience, outside of the MD area to work remotely.
Sodexo's government segment has a business portfolio of approximately $450 million in revenue and our prestigious client portfolio includes the U.S. Marine Corps, Air Force, Intelligence business and Federal Government locations throughout the United States and Guam.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop cost/pricing models in response to solicitation or contract requirements.
- Collaborate with internal organizations to develop costing data - labor, equipment, and other costs.
- Assist in the preparation of management briefings.
- Write pricing narratives.
- Develop written responses to post-submission questions related to cost/pricing.
- Prepare post-submission pricing revisions.
- Maintain costing/pricing audit trail from receipt of RFP through final price documents.
- Support cost estimates, project reviews, and internal/external audit requests with accurate financial data and value-added financial analysis
Desired Qualifications :
- Must have demonstrated experience working with Business Development, Operations and Finance to develop winning proposals
- Pricing/Accounting Experience, preferably supporting Government-related efforts.
- Experience in an operational role in a food service company is highly desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Service Contract Act (SCA) and Experience with DCAA audits
- Demonstrated critical/analytical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, at a minimum). Expert EXCEL skillset highly desirable.
- Knowledge of ESSBASE, System Application Products (SAP - SDX Accounting System), Electronic Data Warehouse (EDW) / Business Intelligence (BI) is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to create, utilize, support, and explain complex spreadsheet models.
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
Five years or more experience in pricing, finance or accounting, or operations preferably in a Government-focused position.
Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines. Partners in the development of pricing strategies to meet customers' needs while providing a profit for the organization. Helps determines core business costs of service in support of pricing/tariff development. Assists in the designs, implementation and maintenance of pricing infrastructures. Evaluates effectiveness of pricing strategies and modifies pricing structures as needed. Provides reporting and documentation of pricing structures and serves as the point-of-contact for pricing inquiries from internal sales department, but not customers. Works independently; receives minimal guidance. May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May represent the level at which career may stabilize for many years.