Investment Sales and Solutions Representative - Salt Lake City, UT
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Fidelity Investments-US
The Expertise We're Looking For
- A college degree (preferred)
- Sales acumen with validated experience consulting with customers or clients
- Effective phone and e-mail communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the financial services market, economy and industry trends
- FINRA Series 7 essential. 63 or 66 preferred
The Purpose of Your Role
As an Investment Solutions Representative, you will be the primary point of contact for warm leads and existing customers handling inbound sales calls. This is an inbound sales role that makes you more than just a salesperson - you'll become a trusted partner for your customers and colleagues alike. You will drive sales via warm leads, carefully define customer needs, and cultivate relationships, while guiding investment strategies with a defined set of tools and solutions. All the while, Fidelity will provide the invaluable ongoing training that keeps our teams at the forefront of our industry and opens pathways to further career development.
The Skills You Bring
- Sales experience, financial sales experience preferred
- Comprehensive understanding/interest in the financial services market, economy and industry trends
- Confirmed experience working with clients
- Strong time management to balance all components of the sales process from prospecting/warm leads to post sale follow up and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Robust influencing and client engagement skills
The Value You Deliver
- Building and having fast-growing customer relationships by identifying customer's need and offering customized Fidelity investment solutions based on in-depth knowledge of products and services
- Providing investment direction by using guidance tools to match needs with suitable guidance solutions such as products, research, and/or services.
- Partnering with other functions and roles within the organization to drive additional business
- Developing and positioning mutual funds, fixed income products, and discretionary money management services to existing customers or leads
- Hosting conversations about domestic and foreign financial markets, market trends, economic indicators, investment concepts and strategies, and the universe of daring products in the investment/consumer financial industry
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Investment Solutions Representative works with clients in Fidelity's Personal Investing business unit. Fidelity is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, family conversations, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing, and many other financial products and services. We believe in building relationships, not just in building sales or building our assets. After all, our clients will place their investments, their savings, and their futures in your hands. You'll be the one who will personally work with them to help achieve their dreams- whether that's saving for college, for retirement, for a big vacation, or anything else. This is a serious responsibility and that's why we'll surround you with amazing, supportive people and all the tools you need.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.We believe as an individual, your daring spirit keeps you razor sharp. As a team member, your reliability makes you impressive.