Sr. Business Development Officer *Flexible Sales Environment* - Palm B
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by BankUnited, N.A.
SUMMARY: A Sr. Business Development Officer (Private Client Banker) is responsible for selling bank products and services to commercial clients, high net worth individuals, municipalities, and professional associations. Incumbents are expected to meet or exceed production goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Identifies and solicits business for potential clients using referrals, personal contacts, centers of influence and existing clients. Displays an entrepreneurial like mind.
* Interviews clients to determine financial position, resources, assets available to invest, financial goals, sources of wealth and client background.
* Interviews loan applicants, and collects and analyzes financial and related data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
* Collects and analyzes information that reflects the current creditworthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans. May obtain information through direct inspection of the applicant's business and/or collateral, review of interim financial reports, personal interview, and other means.
* Opens and services, with assistance of Private Banking Support Associates, new Bank accounts and loans for customers, adhering to policies and procedures to prevent new account fraud and BSA / USAPA violations.
* Authorizes or rejects overdrafts in depository account within established authorities.
* Monitors loan repayment activities and takes necessary action to collect from past-due accounts.
* Advises customers, where possible, concerning business management and financial matters and builds consistent and long-term financial advisory relationships with clients.
* Follows up with customers on a regular basis through phone calls and personal visits.
* Completes weekly activities report.
* Conducts offline or online research to resolve customer problems.
* Assures all transactions are in compliance with pertinent laws and regulations.
* Prepares and delivers clear, effective and professional presentations.
* Keeps abreast of local and national economic, financial, political and legislative events and climates which could have an impact on the division's lending activities.
* Participates in community affairs to increase the bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
* Maintains professional and community relations to increase the bank's visibility and new business opportunities, and to further personal development.
* Supports Private Client Managing Director in achieving budgeted controllable non-interest income and expense, as well as deposit and loan goals, based on department's annual budget plan.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May directly supervise one or more support associates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. May be responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Private Client Banker - Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and three or more years of related experience and/or training. Must have some credit experience. Sr. Private Client Banker - Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and a minimum of five years of direct experience in commercial and/or private banking plus equivalent experience in commercial and personal lending. Experience with capital introduction a plus.
Sr. Business Development Officer *Flexible Sales Environment* - Palm Beach Area