Warehouse Operations Manager/Commercial Driver (Denver, CO)
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Wilbur-Ellis
Are you ready for the next stage of your career in warehouse management? Have you built a foundation for successful achievement of warehouse management goals? Do you have a Class-A or B CDL? Are you a strong leader focused on teamwork? If you are confident in your ability, and you said yes to these questions, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
The warehouse manager/driver is responsible for all aspects of operating a warehouse, including but not limited to receiving and verifying incoming inventory, picking customer orders, loading of delivery trucks, inventory management, routing of deliveries, and delivering product to customers. Must enjoy working in a team environment, willingness to learn from others and effectively lead the principles of the company.
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse.
- Monitor inventory and notify branch manager when inventory is low.
- Ability to analyze data to forecast inventory needs.
- Ability to use specialized computer systems to fulfill procurement and final deliveries of products to customers.
- Need to be able to hold direct reports accountable for full job descriptions.
- Need to be able to partner with support groups when needed.
- Work with Branch Manager toward the completion of WECO's GPS program.
- Be part of the branch safety committee
- Ensure that delivery trucks are on schedule for all required DOT inspections, services.
- Pull orders, load delivery trucks and route delivery trucks.
- Ensure that all pick tickets are correctly pulled and loaded on trucks.
- Perform daily safety inspections and ensure that drivers are doing such with delivery trucks and donkeys.
- Work with the administrative assistant to ensure that no product leaves without proper paperwork, either on the delivery truck or with the sales staff.
- Complete and maintain fuel logs, driver files, and when needed customer files.
- Be able to assist with order entry and processing (JDE) when needed.
- Ability to repeatedly be able to bend and lift boxes or bags up to 80lb and climb on ladders, into trucks and on to forklifts.
- Support Branch Manager as need.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Colorado Class B's Driver's License (Class A preferred)
- HazMat endorsement
- Forklift certification
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to work and contribute in a positive team environment.
- Excellent communication skills between customers, salesmen, drivers and management.
- Assist in all phases of office function when needed: (answer the phone, help walk in customers, record keeping, customer filing, invoicing, etc.).
- Willing to work overtime when required.
- Present a professional image to our customer base through personal appearance, branch organization, and overall branch cleanliness.
- Reports directly to the Branch Manager
- Drivers report directly to Warehouse Manager
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage/salary
- Competitive Benefit Package
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.