Quality Coach (Senior) - Mobile
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Etsy
Quality Coach (Senior) - Mobile
New York, NY
Engineering - Software Engineering
Etsy is looking for a Quality Coach specializing in Mobile quality practices to work with our native, mobile engineering team. The right candidate will have the opportunity to optimize quality practices, develop and implement testing strategies and liaise with engineering, design and product to make decisions that keep delivery on schedule.
Etsy is committed to improving the quality of our mobile experience by building technologies that help our community discover and celebrate handmade goods from all over the world. Etsy is motivated by curiosity and humility. We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving in a blameless environment and have a natural drive to figure out how everything works.
Our mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our work affects real people in the community and enjoy opportunities to meet them. We are motivated by this mission every day.
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn
About the Role
- Coordinate with 3rd party QA vendors and testers.
- Writing and maintaining tests cases for regression testing and new features.
- Develop effective testing strategies for each release; deciding what testing should be done with a 3rd party and what needs to be done in house.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and quality gaps in the software development life cycle.
- Assess the current state of quality across the apps and work with mobile teams to develop plans to improve.
- Experience with mobile test automation frameworks such as espresso, xctest.
- Liaise with different teams (Product, Engineering, Design, Technical Project Management).
- You share our values and are looking for a company that has a solid mission.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills that you've been channelling in the test automation space.
- You have 3-5 years mobile (native) experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer or QA Manager.
- You are familiar with the techniques and that impact the quality of mobile apps.
- You are familiar with techniques, best practices and the advantages of API testing, manual testing, mobile automation testing.
- A skilled communicator, proactive problem solver.
- You have prior experience working on product facing teams and can articulate native specific (vs web) challenges of QA.
- You consider yourself to be passionate about test automation and have experience. building quality into the software development life cycle from the planning phase.
- You are familiar with relevant technologies and their testing counterparts on Android and iOS.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you help the engineers around you grow and learn.
- Experience improving release workflows a plus.
- Experience with mobile test automation a plus.
- Nice to have: Experience working with internationalized products.
- Technical skills - Familiarity with Kotlin, Swift, Objective C.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you'd be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you're proud of, we'd love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.