Posted on Jul 23, 2022 by McCabe & Barton
Role and Responsibilities
- Design and implementation of a wide range of infrastructure and cyber-security projects and tasks
- Ensure (build and maintain) automation of all infrastructure and changes to infrastructure
- Identify key KPI's and establish monitoring and metrics capture to support these
- Champion DevOps culture within the firm and take the lead building our CI/CD pipelines.
- Assistance with end-user and infrastructure support tasks, particularly in a level-2 and level-3 capacity, where problem analysis is important.
Skills and Experience
Windows and Active Directory configuration and administration
Azure Active Directory
Office 365 Administration
Experience with infrastructure automation tools (eg Pulumi, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Github Actions, Redgate Deploy)
Experience with a wide range of Azure SaaS, PaaS and IaaS services and capabilities
Demonstrable understanding of cryptographic principals (private key, public key, hash functions)
Fundamental understanding of container networking and IP Networking in general
Other desirable technical skills:
- InTune MDM
- Windows Autopilot
- Experience with industry standard CI/CD tools (GitHub and Octopus Deploy preferred)
- Significantdevelopment experience; ideally with Python, but open to other technologies, eg Powershell, Typescript, Java, C#, etc
Other skills, capabilities and experience:
- Degree-level education, typically in a technical, quantitative or scientific subject, or significant relevant professional experience.
- Analytical and logical problem-solving mindset: able to model a problem in a variety of different ways, and move between those mental models; able to identify the key parameters influencing the outcome of a problem, and assess their relative importance to guide the design of a solution.
- Strong written and verbal communication ability, including an ability to articulate complex technical topics to a wide range of audiences, and in particular the ability to describe how a problem is addressed by different abstract models.
- Strong team- and collaboration- skills: enthusiastic and interested in the work of others, and able to proactively assist, advise and support others in the team, and welcoming of support and advice in return.
- Growth mindset: keen to learn new skills and approaches and willing to put in significant effort to develop these and apply them to work
- Ability to apply good judgement: for example, understanding the tensions between short-term fixes and long-term solutions and assess the trade-offs when addressing a problem or making recommendations