Construction Survey Chief
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Stantec Consulting International Ltd.
- Review the accuracy of measured survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Performs thorough quality control (QA/QC) of all staked and recorded measurements to include copious field notes.
- Manages and conducts surveys for clients.
- Ensures completion dates and budgets are met and ensures consistent application of firm operating standards and safety practices.
- Transfers survey data to the proper files in the computer network and acquires data for field use.
- Drives company vehicle to reach jobsites.
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Identifies hazardous situations and applies safety procedures and company standard
- Comprehensive understanding of project requirements, tolerances and time management.
- Ability to use Trimble robotic total stations with TSC3 running Trimble Access.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Proficient in performing boundary, topographic, and construction staking.
- A firm understanding and implementation of the basics of surveying.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience as a Field Surveyor ; 2 as a Crew Chief