Machinist - Springfield, Ohio
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Silfex
Makers Wanted - Careers Made
Here's why: Silfex is the leading provider of precision components used to make and operate semiconductor tools - enabling the trillion-dollar global electronics industry. Silfex's products are integral to semiconductor equipment, solar, and optical markets. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Lam Research, Silfex is the world's largest custom silicon growing facility.
We're looking for talented Machinists in Springfield, Ohio who share our mission to deliver innovative, high tech solutions to our customers. Multiple Positions. Multiple Shifts.
Why Silfex? We offer competitive pay, a great benefits package with medical, dental, vision, wellness programs, 401k/employee stock purchase plans, paid time off, continuing personal/professional education assistance, life/disability insurance and more!
Machinist - Multiple Positions/Multiple Shifts
APPLY TODAY BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW!
Expectations of a Silfex Machinist in Springfiled, Ohio include:
Setting machines and process products to specifications as part of a quality-machining group assuring Silfex products meet customer requirements. Perform support machining functions to others areas. This position is a significant component of the Silfex quality system.
Machinists can expect to:
- Know and understand specification criteria to perform machining functions.
- Read and understand blueprint and work instructions to determine procedures for machining product.
- Understand and perform set-ups and tear-downs for all department machines.
- Operate equipment according to training and/or equipment specifications.
- Machine parts per work instructions/customer specifications.
- Inspect each part per specifications and/or Silfex quality requirements.
- Maintain machines operated to assure consistency of product.
- Develop and maintain job proficiency, keep technical skills and knowledge up to date.
- Perform tasks in both group and individual environments.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Silfex Quality Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Carry out special projects and all other appropriate and reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Operate other equipment in the cell while applying Lean Manufacturing concepts, including 5S.
- Perform all work related tasks in a safe manner and report any unsafe conditions to Silfex management.
- Troubleshoot mechanical devices and performs autonomous maintenance and PM's on department equipment.
- Follow all company safety policies and report any unsafe conditions.
If you have:
- A high school diploma/G.E.D. and one-year certificate from a college or technical school; or three to six month's related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Interest in carrying out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions effectively using a variety of inspection tools
- Information presenting abilities to answer questions from managers, customers, and vendors.
- Calculation abilities for figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume via concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Defining problems, collecting data, and establishing facts to draw valid conclusions as part of your skills
- Desire to work effectively individually and in a team environment and under minimum supervision