Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Silfex
Makers Wanted - Careers Made
Here's why: Silfex is the leading provider of precision components used to make and operate semiconductor tools - enabling the trillion-dollar global electronics industry. Silfex's products are integral to semiconductor equipment, solar, and optical markets. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Lam Research, Silfex is the world's largest custom silicon growing facility.
We're looking for a talented Environmental, Health, and Safety Engineer (EH&S) for our brand new Springfield, Ohio location . We're looking for someone who shares our mission to deliver innovative, high tech solutions to our customers.
Why Silfex? We offer competitive pay, a great benefits package with medical, dental, vision, wellness programs, 401k/employee stock purchase plans, paid time off, continuing personal/professional education assistance, life/disability insurance and more!
Expectations of the EH&S Engineer at Silfex in Springfield, Ohio Include:
- Technical expert (resource) providing compliance specification and recommendations to site management
- Translate corporate and division EHS strategic planning into documented management systems with site-specific accountability goals.
- Drive site execution of tactical and strategic initiatives in order to identify hazards and mitigate associated risks
- Lead site in achieving corporate and division EHS objectives and targets through creation of site goals for senior management and appropriate activity based goals for functional managers and supervisors that will drive EHS culture, compliance and results
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, schedule and coordinate site environmental health and safety activities
- Assure compliance/conformance to regulatory standards, ISO Management system standards and best management practices established by the Corporation
- Create and facilitate EHS site trainings including EHS on-boarding, general EHS awareness such as LOTO and HAZCOM and environmental training such as waste minimization and storm water management
- Assist in the development of technical documents including EHS procedures, programs, and guidance documents for the organization
- Perform proactive/preventative auditing to include SEMI S2 EHS auditing of processes and equipment installs including Job Hazard Analysis and Personal Protective Equipment assessments.
- Lead site investigations into EHS events, determining root cause and developing corrective actions that adequately mitigate the risk
- Recommend, justify, implement, and manage safety devices, equipment, and/or products that help protect employees and minimize loss
- Analyze and report out site EHS performance to established corporate, divisional and site initiatives
- Perform environmental monitoring, recordkeeping and reporting related to environmental management systems and permits
- Perform routine industrial and hazardous waste management activities such as waste inventories inspection, vendor scheduling and waste haul oversight, along with manifest management and record keeping
- Manage site emergency response functions and be available to respond to emergency situations during or after hours
- Partner with leadership to administer site workers compensation and return to work programs.
Qualifications for the Environmental, Health, and Safety Engineer (EH&S) Include:
- Bachelor's degree in EH&S or related field (preferred) with 5 to 7 years of relevant EHS experience
- Demonstrated abilities with local, state, and federal codes as they apply to Environmental Health and Safety
- Demonstrated abilities in air/waste/water compliance
- Familiarity with industrial hygiene practices including employee monitoring.
- Ability to apply EHS and regulatory knowledge to business decisions
- Must work effectively with personnel at various levels within the organization, from a broad range of backgrounds
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
To join Silfex, the leading provider of precision components used to make and operate semiconductor tools - enabling the trillion-dollar global electronics industry, APPLY TODAY!