Director, Field and Channel Marketing
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Mimecast Services Limited
Job Location(s) US-MA-Lexington
Position Type Permanent - Full Time
More information about this job:
Some questions to ask yourself as you consider your next career move:
- Are you fanatical about using data to drive marketing strategy?
- Do you think that field marketing goes beyond how many events you can run?
- Do you love developing and leading teams as much as you love getting your hands dirty in the details of execution?
- Do you welcome the scrutiny of a metrics/funnel review and see it as an opportunity to move the needle for your business?
- Are you already in the cybersecurity space OR see this space as your next career path?
If you are still reading, you likely answered yes to all the above and you should absolutely apply for the Director of North America Field & Channel Marketing at Mimecast.
We are looking for a proven marketing leader who has a track record of leading a team of field and channel marketers in a high-growth and opportunity-rich environment. This is the ideal role for a tech marketer who is not content with just managing a team, but is looking to make a huge impact on an already high-performing team by working closely with sales, channels, business intelligence and BDRs to craft, execute and inspect exceptional marketing strategies and plans.
More to consider:
- You'll be a key member of the demand generation team, reporting directly to the VP of Global Field and Channel Marketing
- A strong understanding of and experience in lead/demand generation activities, both direct and through the channel, is a mandatory
- Fluency in funnel metrics and analysis and the ability to glean insights from reporting is critical
- You'll need proven experience in managing and mentoring a team while being a strong team player who is willing to also dive into the details
- Ensure lead generation/opportunity creation targets are forecasted and met
- Be a strong mentor, manager and leader of the field and channel marketing team
- Work closely and tightly integrate with sales leadership in their achievement of the top line revenue goals and reaching target lead generation targets
- Manage a significant field & channel budget with an eye on investing in great ideas that produce results
- Be accountable for and ensuring the flow of leads to support the sales goals
- Create a cadence of regular reporting to track performance and measure ROI, and adjust as needed
- Be a key conduit of information between the field teams and corporate marketing and other go-to-market functions
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing, Campaign Marketing, Customer Marketing, Tele-prospecting, and Product Marketing teams to develop integrated plans
- 5 plus years of experience leading a North American organization
- Team leadership, mentorship and management experience
- Campaign definition, design and execution
- Event /activity design, selection, planning and execution
- Content syndication, webinar and webcast
- Familiarity and comfort with both CRM (NetSuite) and marketing automation tools (Marketo)
- Channel recruitment
- Channel sell-through strategies
- Customer and upsell marketing
- Management of tele-prospecting team
- Top of funnel / net new lead generation
- Data analytics and reporting
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in marketing/business or any related field from an accredited institution or equivalent
- Our ideal candidate is operating at director level with extensive experience within a technology company
- Field and channel marketing experience including proven track record in developing integrated plans with a mixed go-to-market model
- Strong manager with ability to mentor
- Wants to make a difference in the market
- Strong story teller and a natural people person
- Passionate and self-driven
- Highly organized
- Calm under pressure
- Assertive and confident
- Open minded
- Practical hands-on approach
- Detail oriented and meticulous
- Well suited to high growth, dynamic and entrepreneurial environments
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.