Director of US Public Sector/Education
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Mimecast Services Limited
Job Location(s) US-MD
Position Type Permanent - Full Time
More information about this job:
Mimecast are seeking an experienced Director to 'Build, Lead & Grow' our emerging US Public Sector/Education market.
Mimecast have enjoyed sales success with US Public Sector/Education organizations, however this role is intended to build a dedicated standalone team to increase focus, drive investment and capitalize on the growing opportunity we see in this market.
The team will promote and sell Mimecast's market leading Cyber Resilience SaaS Service for Email:
- Secure Email Gateway, Advanced Security and Data Loss Prevention
- Business Continuity and Data Protection
- Information Archiving, Retention Management, Data Compliance and eDiscovery
The team will be responsible for developing and promoting Mimecast solutions into all areas of Public Sector/Education:
- Public & Private Higher Education institutions
- Special Administrative districts including fire districts, parks, housing authorities, & water companies
- State, County, and Local governments
- US Federal government
The successful candidate will report into the Senior Vice President, North American Sales and be responsible for: creating the Go-to-Market strategy, building a brand, ensuring products meet customer requirements, leading the sales/channel team, winning new customers; and delighting existing customers.
Mimecast is proud of its 100% Channel-sales model, so this role involves working closely with our Channel Partners to develop and close business.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company requiring someone self-motivated, a strong team player, with a proven track record of selling into US Public Sector/Education over several years. A good understanding of our client's technologies, security architectures and information management strategy is also required.
- Responsible for defining and executing Go-to-Market Strategy formalized with a written Business Plan
- Responsible for owning & exceeding the annual and quarterly sales targets
- Responsible for ensuring all products meet customer product (ex. FedRAMP, CJIS, ITAR) & GTM requirements (procurement contract vehicles, legal contracts)
- Responsible for building and implementing a repeatable Sales Operating Model to enable predictable and sustained results; and enable us to scale easily as we build the team over time.
- Working with Mimecast Field Marketing, Channel Marketing and Vertical Marketing functions to create compelling and impactful marketing campaigns, messages and programs, to drive the Mimecast brand.
- Responsible for building deep relationships and agile Go-to-Market Plans with Mimecast' Premier Channel Partners to maximize our reach and access to new organizations
- Working with the Global Sales Engineering organization to ensure the Sales Engineers are adequately enabled to align with key Government standards and processes
- Responsible for maintaining Mimecast' CRM system and reporting on KPI's in-line with business standards to ensure transparency and accuracy of reporting up and down the organization.
- Internally evangelize the program within the Mimecast organization.
- Commitment to continuous personal development, to include internal training & enablement programs to continuously develop product, market & competitive knowledge
- A strong individual contributor and team player, with proven leadership skills and experience
- Minimum 8 years' experience operating within the US Public Sector/Higher Education market
- Demonstrable ambition and energy to build and lead a high-performance team, with vision to dominate the market
- Bachelor's Degree level education required (Master's Degree preferred but not required)
- Demonstrable success at building a robust & repeatable Operating Model to drive predictable and sustained results, enabling us to scale easily as we grow our business
- Proven examples of successfully building and leveraging Channel / Systems Integrator partnerships to significantly broaden reach and accelerate time to market.
- Broad general knowledge of the high-technology industry with understanding of customer security architectures, cyber security landscape and technologies, Cloud & SaaS delivery models, regulatory drivers for information management strategies and knowledge of Public Sector/Education purchasing processes
- Experience engaging C-Level contacts within customers and prospects. Our typical enterprise engagement spans Chief Information Officer, Chief Information Security Officer, Information Security Manager, Security Operations Manager, Risk Officer, Infrastructure Director and Messaging Specialist
- Confident in becoming Expert at delivering Mimecast story and strategy to a high standard via Whiteboards, Presentations and Speech
- Visible and tenacious program leadership
- Ambitious with a desire to succeed and grow
- Results-oriented with a positive outlook
- 'Own It attitude
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and that of their team members
- Thirst for knowledge
- Strong business / commercial acumen
- Presentable, articulate and adaptable
- Strong communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Thrives in a dynamic environment
- Problem solver
- Proven team player
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.