Sr. Technical Recruiter
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Shape (ShapeScale)
San Francisco, CA
At Shape, we believe what makes a company amazing is its people. Shape is looking for a senior talent recruiter to grow our design and engineering team and take ownership of the entire recruiting process.
Reporting to the CEO, you will design and manage inclusive and thoughtful recruitment processes that enable our company to develop a diverse pipeline of high-quality talent. We are looking for a driven self-starter who knows what an efficient, yet best-in-class recruiting machine looks like.
A role made for driven individuals who are excited to take on large challenges, and love the thrill of the hunt for the best and brightest. It will allow you to grow your own personal and managerial skill-set inside of a thriving startup environment.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with the management team to determine long-term growth strategy for the company
- Collaborate with team leaders to understand the staffing needs of the organization in the short and long-term
- Refine and build Shape's candidate sourcing, screening, and hiring processes together with the executive team
- Write/post technical job descriptions more compelling than this one
- Source potential candidates on niche platforms, like Stack Overflow, Hacker News, Github, LinkedIn, Indeed as well as professional networks and events.
- Identify, integrate and manage all recruiting-related vendors and tools
- Review resumes and perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicant's abilities
- Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments, and behavioral questions)
- Help to get hiring managers and interviews calibrated on best hiring practices
- Participate in events and conference to network with potential candidates
- Negotiate complex offers to close candidates
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products
- Analyze, review, and share on the effectiveness of campaigns (e.g. time-to-fill and cost-per-hire) and adjust future processes to reflect key learnings
- Manage and maintain our ATS while sharing regular updates with internal stakeholders
- Nurture candidate relationships and keep potential candidates warm and up-to-speed for future opportunities
- 3+ years of broad recruiting and leadership experience in Talent Acquisition or Human Resources
- Experience recruiting in-house in a tech or startup environment is key; understanding the unique challenges faced in recruiting technical talent.
- Proven track record in successfully building and scaling a talent acquisition pipeline
- Someone that enjoys putting a structure in place where it doesn't exist. Ideally, you need to have built a function from scratch and have experience in hunting for talent in areas hard to recruit
- Depth of experience with creative sourcing and closing techniques.
- Strong interpersonal savvy and self-awareness with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to understand complex technical requirements
- Undergraduate degree in business, human resources is a plus
- Proficient in Google platforms & apps, Keynote/PowerPoint, and Greenhouse (or similar SaaS ATS such as Workable, Lever, etc)
- Strong client-service orientation and relationship-building skills; comfort working with various types of people in different contexts
- Able to juggle multiple and competing priorities with the utmost professionalism and integrity
- Familiar with ShapeScale and Shape's mission
- Desired:Pre-existing, strong and broad external corporate network is a plus
- Desired: Passion for fitness and (digital) health
- Desired: Experience building diverse teams
- We're not just employees.We're people. We offer great health insurance coverage with 100% covered including dependents and dental coverage, commuter benefits, everyday catered lunches with healthy eating options suitable for all diets and allergies and a kitchen stocked with your favorite snacks and drinks.
- We value your fitness and wellness.You have an unlimited holidays policy with a mandatory 15 days off per year (PTO) so you'll have time to recharge. We offer fitness discounts and fun, action-inspired company-wide events like hikes, surfing, etc as well as outings like concerts, wine tasting, etc and gaming evenings.
- We're creating an environment where you can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we're building a team that is too. We provide the foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work. You also get to chose your favorite computing platform (top of the line Apple, Windows, Linux laptop) and a motorized sit/stand desk.
- We'll invest in your career.Our company's growing quickly, and we'll give you the opportunity to do the same. You'll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company's evolving needs.
- We offer competitive compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- We value impact more than money.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible work schedule, unlimited holidays with a mandatory 15 days/year off.
- Great, comprehensive health insurance: low deductible - 100% covered (incl. dependents)
- Visa sponsorship if necessary
- Catered lunches with healthy eating options suitable for all diets and allergies and healthy snacks
- Top of the line Apple and Windows equipment of choice that you think you need to work comfortably and efficiently
- Motorized sit/standing desk with Herman Miller or Steelcase chairs.
- Fitness discounts and fun, action-inspired company-wide events and outings, gaming evenings
- Commuter benefits or subsidies
- A fun, creative and collaborative environment of a young startup company with a driven, agile and adept international team
- The opportunity to have an impact on millions of people and make them happier and healthier
Based in San Francisco, we are a team with a passion for great design, user experience, hardware, software, and sports. Together we share the commitment to create products that connect the human body with technology in a magical way. We're working to become the most empowering consumer company of the 21st century.
Our first product,ShapeScale, is the first photorealistic 3D body scanner that shows you how your body shape changes over time. It's not only a game changer for fitness but also an enabler for a number of fashion, healthcare, and AR / VR applications. We have recently started to take pre-orders for ShapeScale and have thus far received thousands of pre-orders. Shape is backed by renowned investors such as Y Combinator and Stanford StartX.