Director of Facilities Maintenance
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Fort Worth Transportation Authority
Trinity Metro has an immediate opening for a Director of Facilities Maintenance. The incumbent in this position will manage a variety of work skills necessary to ensure that the facilities owned by the Trinity Metro are maintained to the highest standards. The incumbent plans and manages programs related to maintenance, repair, construction and modification cleaning of all facilities, including landscaping. This position classification has responsibility for guiding building maintenance employees in their roles and responsibilities. The incumbent ensures that employees in the Building Maintenance Department follow company policies and procedures. Coordinates planning, design, and construction management for new construction and facility redesign projects.
This positions responsibilities include:
- Manage and sets goals, planning and budgeting physical plant maintenance. Recommend and implement strategies to improve efficiency and costs.
- Manage and coordinate daily activities of building maintenance and contractual personnel, including technicians and janitors.
- Monitor additional maintenance activities including quality assurance, training, and inventory control to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Initiate and monitor activities to ensure adherence to OSHA safety standards.Obtain and maintain OSHA certification to be knowledgeable and proficient in OSHA requirements as they apply to this company.Respond to and correct any identified deficiencies, working collaboratively both internally and externally.
- Manage and develop building maintenance personnel to reach their fullest potential.Develop their skills to ensure they are proficient in the many trades required to maintain facilities.These skills include welding, fabricating, painting, plumbing, wood working, and mechanical skills necessary to maintain the compressed natural gas engines, compressors, and the HVAC systems throughout the company.
- Manage and monitor personnel matters, including defining staff levels, selecting personnel, preparing work schedules, managing employees' work performance, handling disciplinary matters, and complaints from other departments.
- Manages and develops the annual budget and meet budget goals for facilities maintenance.Research and make recommendations for financial decisions, including purchase and receipt of equipment and tools.Make purchasing decisions.
- Evaluate the condition of each facility and develop and implement a plan that ensures each facility is maintained to the highest standards.Establish and computerize preventive maintenance schedules for all assigned equipment.
- Manages the Property Manager to ensure that all facilities such as the T&P are prepared for special functions conducted by agencies outside of Trinity Metro.This applies to other facilities such as the ITC.Communicate with Property Manager to ensure that all lessees are in compliance with lease agreements.
- Assist Property Manager in assessing property values for acquisition or disposal.
- Develop and monitor specifications for facility contracts for landscaping and cleaning, major repairs/remodeling, and equipment replacement.Perform special projects and administrative duties including writing specifications for equipment and parts; writing status reports; establishing plans to correct maintenance problems.Use computer to prepare reports.Support activities to ensure a safe, secure work environment at all facilities.Participate in projects to assure that T facilities are accessible to people with disabilities.
- Must have the skills and abilities to assist the Project Manager on projects with design and development of large new construction projects.Provide input and suggestions with architects and engineers that will provide a successful outcome for Trinity Metro
- Possess the skills and abilities to initiate, design, write specifications and manage new construction and renovation projects from design to completion.
- Possess architectural and engineering abilities and knowledge to review plans and specifications. Provide input and suggestions to make the project better suited for the organization's needs and budget limitations.
- Act as the daily project manager for many projects large and small. This consists of overseeing the daily operation of the projects. Holding contractors accountable for quality work done according to specifications. Make decisions during the project to provide a more successful end result. Must have the knowledge and ability to make informed decisions when it comes to change orders being valid or not. Make sure all work is professionally completed, safely and in a timely matter.
- Must have the written and oral communication skills to clearly communicate with contractors to provide the successful, safe and timely completion of projects.
- Must provide multiple daily inspections to job sites to hold contractors accountable.
- Must represent the Fort Worth Transportation Authority with a positive, customer friendly attitude and demeanor.
- Must possess the ability to problem solve issues and come up with solutions that are economical and attainable.
- Must possess the organizational skills and accountability to keep good records of project budgets.
- Must be able walk through a job site and make a punch list that will finish out the project successfully.
- Must possess the written and computer skills to communicate with generals, contractors, and subs to ensure the success of the project.
- Act as the daily project manager for many projects large and small. This consists of overseeing the daily operation of the projects. Holding contractors accountable for quality work done according to specifications. Make decisions during the project to provide a more.
Five to eight years' experience of progressively responsible experience in managing facility maintenance personnel, equipment, and facilities. Development and implementation facility management plans and preventive maintenance programs. Project management experience. New construction and remodel experience specifically, reviewing blueprints, budget, and managing change orders.
Associate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in industrial management, industrial engineering, or other associated degree. Training/certification in OSHA safety standards. OSHA safety standards. PMP certification or ability to obtain certification within three years of employment.
Any combination of experience, training and/or education that provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills may substitute for the required education.