Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by VERMEER GREAT PLAINS INC
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: General Manager
Vermeer Great Plains 100% EMPLOYEE-OWNED COMPANY
An authorized distributor for Vermeer equipment in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Western Missouri with five branch locations across the region. A 100% employee-owned company, we provide dedicated sales, rentals, parts, and service support for customers in the tree care, landscaping, wood waste, organic recycling, underground construction, and mining industries.
This position provides administrative support for the Company and could be specific to one department. (Accounting/Finance)
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be committed to and take a pro-active approach to our Company Mission, Vision and Values.
- Supports finance department. Activities include (but not limited to): accounts payable/accounts receivable, travel reimbursement, documenting credit card expenses to finance, supporting payroll and invoicing
- Administrative duties in the store as assigned by the General Manager
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department/company.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updated filing system for the department/company.
- Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Opens mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answers phones. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with other staff to cover phones.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEO, CFO, and other Managers. Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified in Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
Measure of success determined by established company guidelines, including but not limited to the ability to successfully perform the above mentioned functions, ability to take guidance and direction from Manager professionally, and execute upon such feedback.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree preferred
- 1 or more years of similar experience and/or similar industry
- Must be able to stay on task
- Ability to strive for high customer satisfaction (both internal and external)
- Must be respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong relationships and a positive work environment
- Ability to take initiative
- Background check, pre-employment and drug testing required
- Personal appearance must be neat, clean and professional
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give a general sense of responsibilities and expectations of position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.