WORKING SERVICE FOREMAN
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by VERMEER GREAT PLAINS INC
Position Title: Working Shop/Service Foreman
Reports To: Service Manager
Vermeer Great Plains 100% EMPLOYEE-OWNED COMPANY
An authorized distributor for Vermeer equipment in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Western Missouri with five branch locations across the region. We provide dedicated sales, rentals, parts, and service support for customers in the tree care, landscaping, wood waste, organic recycling, underground construction, and mining industries.
The Working Shop Foreman is responsible for coordinating and directing skilled repairs and maintenance of equipment. Provides excellent customer service, maintains professionalism and ensures detailed records are accurate and up to date.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be committed to and take a pro-active approach to our Company Mission, Vision and Values
- Assume responsibility for overall condition of the shop
- Assume responsibility of proper work flow.
- Proper prioritization of equipment and shop repairs and assign technicians according to skill level.
- Assign and maintain a consistent workflow in the shop.
- Perform final quality inspections on all repairs.
- Enforce all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure repair deadlines are met.
- Perform equipment and machinery repairs as needed.
- Professionally address and resolve customer questions and/or concerns in managers absence.
- Provide manager with daily shop progress report.
- Assume responsibility of closing internal and warranty machine work orders.
- Provide mentorship to junior technicians.
- Maintains complete and detailed working records.
- Maintain and care for all shop tools, machines and equipment.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified in Employee Handbook and set by Vermeer Great Plains.
- Help maintain cleanliness, neatness and safety of building and lot.
- Stay current with technical changes, continuing your education by factory service schools, etc.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Measure of success determined by established company guidelines, including but not limited to the ability to successfully perform the above responsibilities, the ability to take guidance and direction from Manager professionally, and execute upon such feedback.. Requirements:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, GED or vocational training/certification preferred
- Valid Drivers License
- 1 - 3 years experience in the same or similar industry
- Supervisory experience
- Mechanical/technical aptitude, safe work habits, a good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions. Strong current electronic diagnosing capabilities, works with minimal supervision, customer service oriented, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, able to adapt to the people and environment around them - customers, suppliers, co-workers and manufacturer's employees
- Candidate will be required to complete a standardized pre-employment electrical/hydraulic knowledge assessment at initial interview
- Knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office applications and computer driven diagnostic application experience preferred
- Owns and maintains personal tools and toolbox (Preferred)
- Experience with hydraulic systems, electrical, electronics, pneumatics, diagnosing and calibration a plus
- Communicates professionally, respectfully and honestly at all times
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear
- Regularly exposed to extreme weather elements, including wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat, moving mechanical parts and equipment, and noise level in working environment can be moderate to high
- Background check, pre-employment drug testing and clean driving record required
- Personal appearance must be neat, clean and professional
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as needed
FLSA status: Non-exempt
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give a general sense of responsibilities and expectations of position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.