ASST. SERVICE MANAGER
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by VERMEER GREAT PLAINS INC
Position Title: Assistant Service Manager
Reports to: Service Manager
Vermeer Great Plains 100% EMPLOYEE-OWNED COMPANY
An authorized distributor for Vermeer equipment in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Western Missouri with five branch locations across the region. A 100% employee-owned company, we provide dedicated sales, rentals, parts, and service support for customers in the tree care, landscaping, wood waste, organic recycling, underground construction, and mining industries.
Provide Service Manager support and assistance in the efficient management of all aspects of the service department operations in an courteous and cordial manner which insures customer satisfaction and maximum efficiency for the business. Coordinate activities and cooperate with other departments of the business to best serve the service needs of the customer. Sell company parts, labor and whole goods service at all times.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES Assist the Service Manager with:
- Must be committed to and take a pro-active approach to our Company Mission, Vision and Values.
- Schedule all service work and assign to the technicians. Oversee the work to insure satisfaction for the customers.
- Oversee the charge out of all service tickets, including: customer, internal and warranty work in a timely, profitable manner.
- Maintain and keep current the service library manuals and bulletins.
- Work with sales staff on prompt and cost-effective reconditioning of used equipment.
- Perform Customer CSI Surveys: Contact and ask each customer how the quality of work was for services rendered within 10 working days.
- Assist sales personnel with customer contacts regarding sales and outside service sales
- Conduct regular service department meetings.
- Control non-productive time, breaks, and lunches.
- Maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified in Employee Handbook.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Measure of success determined by established company guidelines, including but not limited to meeting the department objectives and targets for a successful operation, feedback from customers, ability to take guidance and direction from management professionally, and execute upon such feedback.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, GED or vocational training/certification required
- Prior Supervisor/Manager experience required
- MS Windows & MS Office applications experience required
- Valid Drivers License required
- 1 - 3 years experience in the same or similar industry
- Mechanical/technical aptitude, safe work habits, works with minimal supervision, customer service oriented, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, able to adapt to the people and environment around them - customers, suppliers, co-workers and manufacturer's employees
- A good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions a plus
- Experience with hydraulic systems, electrical, electronics, pneumatics, diagnosing and calibration a plus
- Communicates professionally, respectfully and honestly at all times
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear
- Regularly exposed to extreme weather elements, including wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat, moving mechanical parts and equipment, and noise level in working environment can be moderate to high
- Background check, pre-employment drug testing and clean driving record required
- Personal appearance must be neat, clean and professional
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as needed
FLSA status: Exempt
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give a general sense of responsibilities and expectations of position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.