Healthcare Customer Service Representative
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Revenue Enterprises
Would you like to help patients and their families to better understand their medical bills and provide them with options toresolve them?Are you looking for a career with a solid company with stable hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm) and great benefits, where the customer service you provide and your contribution is valued?
We would like to talk to you! We are looking for full-time, caring, and talented Healthcare Customer Service Representatives to make a long-term home in our organization. In this important role, you will work with patients and their families to explain their medical bills and negotiate affordable payment terms.
We provide customized, innovative, cost-effective and flexible solutions for hospitals and healthcare providers on their self-pay account balances. We value compassion, clarity (understanding bills and helping patients to understand their bills), and results. If you value these things too, you will be highly appreciated.
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to be an integral part of an established and well-respected organization, where your voice matters
- A commitment to your professional development
- Hours: 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, 100% onsite in our Aurora office
- Excellent benefits including: Health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance and disability; 401K with employer matching; generous PTO accrual from day 1; discounts with various retailers and servicesvia LifeMart; small workout room on premise; and other perks to show we care
What we'll expect from you:
- Passion for helping others and providing exceptional customer service
- Dependable and responsible, with an excellent work ethic and team focus
- Fantastic active listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to learn, comprehend, apply, and explain complex medical and billing concepts with empathy
- Technical / computer proficiency, with the ability to learn software quickly
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- A love of continuous improvement, with a desire for coaching / feedback
What you will be doing:
- Providing outstanding customer service and resolving unpaid healthcare accounts through both inbound and outbound calls
- Helping patients and their families to understand their bill, answering questions about their debt
- Collaborating with patients to come up with an affordable plan to resolve their outstanding balance via payment plans and settlements
- Accepting and processing credit card and ACH checks payments by phone
- Accurately and quickly documenting all work efforts
- 2+ years professional experience, with demonstrated history of retention
- Experience in customer service and/or healthcare preferred (but not required)
- Authorization to work in the US
- High school diploma or GED
- Advanced beginner to Intermediate skills in the Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus!
- Typing 40+ WPM with 90% accuracy preferred
Revenue Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.