Senior MES Engineer
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
SUMMARY: The Senior MES Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and testing of MES projects primarily for biotech and pharmaceutical clients.
PREREQUISITES: Bachelors of Science degree, preferably in Chemical Engineering or Computer Information Systems is required. A minimum of five years experience performing batch work, specifically S88 or S95 in FDA regulated industries such as life sciences and food & beverage is required. Prior experience with implementing MES platforms such as Emerson Syncade, Rockwell Propack Data, POMSnet, and/or Werum Pas-X is required. Prior experience with process automation systems like DeltaV, ERP interfacing (e.g. SAP or Oracle), and/or process historians such as OSI PI is preferred, but not required. Strong computer skills including software programming, hardware troubleshooting, operating systems, virtualization and networking is essential. Working knowledge of SQL Server or Oracle is required. S/he will interact regularly with customers and co-workers, thus strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be a clear communicator is required. S/he must also have excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to travel both domestically and internationally is required.
* Communications demonstrates strong listening and comprehension skills and effectively expresses thoughts and ideas both verbally and in writing
* Continuous Learning strives to continuously build knowledge and skills though training and development opportunities and through assessment of own strengths and weaknesses;
* Cost Consciousness works within approved budgets and contributes to profits and revenues;
* Cooperation works well with others, offering assistance and support to co-workers as needed;
* Customer Service is responsive to customers needs and demonstrates the ability to handle difficult customer situations in a positive and effective manner;
* Dependability follows company time and attendance procedures, meets commitments and takes responsibility for own actions;
* Initiative seeks increased responsibilities and takes independent actions and calculated risks;
* Innovation displays original thinking and creativity and develops innovative approaches and ideas;
* Job Knowledge is proficient in required knowledge and skills of the position including understanding how job relates to others. Demonstrates the ability to learn and apply new skills and keeps abreast of current development. Demonstrates ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision;
* Problem Solving identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information and offers alternative solutions;
* Quality demonstrates thoroughness and accuracy and looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
* Quantity completes work in a timely manner, meets productivity standards and achieves established goals;
* Safety and Security observes Company and Customer safety and security procedures and reports unsafe work conditions;
* Use of Technology demonstrates ability to use technology and ability to troubleshoot technological problems, keeps technical skills up to date and uses technology to increase productivity.
* Assist and/or be responsible for all aspects of MES project implementation from project proposal support through to start-up and commissioning if required.
* Work effectively at different levels with clients and sales teams to assist in definition of business needs and demonstrate our product and services capabilities.
* Be responsible and work in teams to define scope, sizing, system / operational requirements, integration requirements, support project estimations and ensure execution methodology (e.g. client interviews; documentation analysis).
* Normally work under the direction of a projects assigned Lead Engineer as part of a project team. The Senior MES Engineer will support multiple projects simultaneously.
* Create prototypes to develop and demonstrate special project features.
* Design, implement, and test complex MES solutions to meet customer requirements and participate in and/or lead design and code reviews.
* Develop General Design Specifications (GDS), Detailed Design Specifications (DDS) and Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS) and Validation documentation as required.
* Execute projects in accordance with the Companys quality control processes and quality expectation.
* Assist clients with resolving application problems, installing software upgrades, and patches for MES systems.
* Assist the Project Administrator or Project Manager with project planning, scheduling, documentation and invoicing.
Salary + Bonus. 401K, ESOP, company car