Process Engineer (rubber)
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
The Rubber Process Chemical Engineer will be responsible for working with the Rubber team in developing, analyzing, evaluating materials and rubber compounds to satisfy customer needs. Provide compound recommendations on new programs. Assist in resolving production problems within Rubber Department as well as troubleshooting customer issues. Improve current and old compounds where required. Will be working closely with other engineering associates and Quality management to maintain world class quality and competitive costing. Focus on quality on-time delivery and must be operator friendly. Will create equipment specifications, order and coordinate the installation of such equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works with the Rubber Engineering Team in development of new materials and compounds.
* Acts as technical liaison between rubber group and customers.
* Establishes process flow and timeline for new product launches.
* Work with standards for operations procedures.
* Support and monitor the Lean Manufacturing program.
* Review current production for improvements in tooling and processes.
* Reduce tooling damage and secondary operations.
* Monitor and review non-conforming rate by part and process.
* Reduce non-value added operations.
* Develop and maintain a project list and activity log for regular reviews.
* Maintain positive communication between all team members on all shifts.
* Improve and support daily production requirements.
* Work with customer engineering on sample production.
* Maintain routers, cost cards, work center costs, as well as monitor rates, while working with Accounting.
* Maintain communication with material development and materials laboratory.
* Four year Engineering or Technical degree required.
* Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Materials Engineering preferred.
* Process engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
* Rubber process experience is desired.
* Requires problem solving and decision making ability.
* Positive human relation skills.
* Ability to work on teams or independently.
* Good math skills, ability to read blueprints and ability to use measuring equipment as needed.
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE JOB:
* Must be able to work closely with all personnel.
* Must be able to work unsupervised.
* Understanding of quality; and production requirements are a must.
* Some lifting and physical tasks will be required.
* Must understand design standards and requirements.