Quality Engineer (Entry Level)
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Assist in responding to production issues when required.
* Ability to flex hours and shifts based on production requirements.
* Able to trouble shoot and communicate quality (internal and supplier) problems.
* Interface with manufacturing to optimize cost & manufacturability.
* Act as liaison between manufacturing facilities and customer.
* Assist customer and with quality issues.
* Interface with customer for product and manufacturing process improvements.
* Coordinates quality assurance activities with production and other functions to support production schedules.
* Conducts and manages Product/Process/Compliance Audits.
* Participates in process improvement efforts.
* Coordinates corrective action activity and validates effectiveness.
* Assists with developing and conducting quality training programs, prepares and maintains necessary records and reports.
* Completes and analyzes data and identifies trends and facilitates improvement actions. Interacts with team members to implement solutions.
* Creates and maintains metrics for quality reporting.
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering or similar.
* Approximately 3-5 years of manufacturing quality experience.
* Experience in an automotive assembly manufacturing environment.
* Experience with Geometric dimensioning and tolerance preferred.
* Excellent and proven working knowledge of APQP, PPAP, IATF 16949, ISO 14001, CP/CPK, PPM, First Pass Yield, CMM and other measuring systems.