Software Validation Engineer
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Software Validation Engineer with embedded micro-controller andelectronic products experience is needed to play a key role in thesoftware verification and validation of electronic products for one of our clients in Michigan.This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. They are working with the latest and greatest innovations in the automotive field such as active safety, brake-by-wire, and automated driving. In this position, you will be responsible fordeveloping and executing comprehensive, customer specific, software validation test plans to meet all internal and external customer requirements. If you have strong knowledge of electronic and embedded micro-controller products along with the ability to writeprocedures and test reports, then this position is well suited to you.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SOFTWARE VALIDATION ENGINEER:
* Create, document, and execute test plans related to software validation of electronic modules with embedded softwareto meet internal and external customer requirements
* Determine and assemble test specific setup requirements to perform the validation and coordinate the build of software validation test equipment
* Organize and participate in peer reviews, process audits and comply with CMM level process requirements
* Collaborate with software and hardware engineering project teams to understand requirements and to aid in issue resolution
* Conduct the validation testing per the validation test procedure using both manual and automated test techniques
* Organize a cross functional teamfor analysis and troubleshootissues found during validation.
* Log potential software defects into a defect tracking databaseand review data with team members and create summary reports for all tests conducted
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SOFTWARE VALIDATION ENGINEER:
* BS in Software, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Masters preferred.
* 2+ Years of experience with Software Validation for automotive embedded systems (including heavy vehicles and equipment).
* Knowledge ofautomotive electronic andembedded micro-controller products.
* Safety product experience along with the ability to write procedures and test reports
* Ability to create new, unique tools to improve the validation effort will bea plus
* Knowledge of using product communication protocols and tools such as serial communications, ISO CAN (2.0 & FD), Ethernet etc.
* Knowledge of development, construction, and usage of test equipment.
* Knowledge of arbitrary waveform generators, signal generators, and oscilloscopes is preferred.
* Knowledge of Embedded Software and bothmanual and automated test execution techniques
* Familiar with configuration & version control systems such as PTC, JIRA.
* Familiar with requirements management & traceability systems such as DOORS, Reqtify & etc.
* Familiar with Scripting/ Programming languages like CAPL, Python, VB, C, & C++
* Familiar with the ISO 26262 & the approved testing techniques
* Knowledge ofanalysis tools such asCANalyzer, CANoe, Vehicle Spy
* Knowledge ofinterface tools such asSCAT2, NeoVi, Hercules, DPS
* Knowledge ofsimulation tools & systems such asMathcad modeling, MATLAB, Simulink
COMPENSATION OF THE SOFTWARE VALIDATION ENGINEER:
Salary Range: $85,000-105,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Detroit area, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS WILL BE HELPFUL -Software, SW, embedded, validation, verification, testing,electronic, CMM,Automotive,safety,micro-controller, "communication protocol", "serial communications", "ISO, CAN,Ethernet, "arbitrary waveform generator", "signal generator",oscilloscope, "analysis tool",CANalyzer, CANoe, "Vehicle Spy", "interface tool ", SCAT2,NeoVi, Hercules , DPS,configuration , version,PTC, JIRA ,simulation , "Mathcad modeling ",MATLAB ,Simulink, DOORS, Reqtify,Scripting?, programming,CAPL, Python, VB, C?,C++?,26262?