Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Purchasing Manager will be responsible for sourcing, development and constant improvement with the maintenance of our suppliers. Purchasing Manager is also responsible for inventory control for new and existing product lines. The objective is to increase the inventory fill rate and improve profit margins. The Purchasing Manager will have interaction with all functional areas of the company, including sales, operations and finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintain and establish global vendor relationships for all product lines.
* Negotiate terms and prices with suppliers that will result in decreased product costs.
* Secure non-catalog items for both customers needs and addition to product offerings.
* Secure suppliers quotations to allow sales departments to quote on special customer needs.
* Maintain and monitor product quality specifications as outline by management.
* Order product based on forecasts derived from historical demand and current sales forecasts.
* Work with IS to maintain and fine tune the computer demand forecasting and recommend purchasing calculations to provide desired order fill and inventory return.
* Review product line to include abnormal product demands, new application part numbers supersession, vendor changes, etc. and update demand history and other computer records as necessary.
* Work with marketing management to develop purchase costs of new product lines.
* Work with sales, materials and packaging to support initial provisioning of new lines, and back up inventory to support new business.
* Expedite vendors who are delinquent on deliveries and for product where demand exhausted stocks.
* Insure product availability to meet customer scheduled orders.
* Approve vendor invoice for payment.
* Minimize freight, duty and brokerage costs.
* Maximize inventory turnover, service levels and return on investments through progressive purchasing and sourcing techniques.
* Review, approve and generate purchase orders.
* Schedule and supervise physical inventory and cycle count procedures to verify inventory on hand.
* Maintain validity of random inventory location system including reviewing transfers and receipts.
* Maintain and create purchasing records to include product, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventory.
* Analyze market and delivery systems to determine present and future product availability and prepare market analysis reports.
* Generate continuous improvement activities to reduce costs.
* A comprehensive knowledge of forward thinking purchasing techniques.
* The ability to understand financial goals, budgets, limitations and opportunities.
* The ability to calculate frequency of purchase by examining lead-time, turn around time and billing terms.
* Experience in coordinating and implementing stock adjustments and classifications.
* Experience working with and analyzing computer generated inventory reports.
* Excellent analytical and computer skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft office suite programs.
* Excellent written, verbal and multi-tasking skills.
* Excellent negotiating skills.