Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Anonymous
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Electrical Designer to join their growing team in Portsmouth on a 6-12 month contract.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of Electrical Designer, you'll be responsible for:
* You will employ your knowledge and expertise to ensure consistency of design intent, solve manufacturing problems, and assist in the efficiency of the construction process.
* Utilising cable management tools and techniques you will develop the design of the cable routing highways, create cable routes and produce cable termination details. You will also provide data to support the cable reeving plan, cable installation schedules and test and commissioning paths.
* In addition to this, you will also be involved in the development of integrated and detailed design solutions from the interpretation of design guidance and initial design diagrams utilising both 2D and 3D CAD environments.
To succeed within the role of Electrical Designer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
* HNC/HND level qualifications or equivalent
* Background in shipbuilding and (or) experience in new design / new build heavy industry projects is beneficial
* Detail Design / Drawing Office experience
* Cable Management / Cable Reeving Planning experience is beneficial
* Ideally knowledge of Foran, CMPic, AutoCAD, Inventor, Pro-Engineer or Tribon but experience of other systems will be considered
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Electrical Designer, please send your CV to Alex Collins via the 'apply now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn