Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Anonymous
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Piping Designer to join their growing team in Portsmouth on a 6-12 month contract.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of Piping Designer, you'll be responsible for:
To undertake a defined range of detail design activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to operations and other functions and ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements
To succeed within the role of Piping Designer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
* HNC/HND level qualifications or equivalent
* Background in shipbuilding and (or) experience in new design / new build heavy industry projects is beneficial
* Experience of routing pipes from a P&ID Diagram with a couple of years of experience.
* Being able to understand and work with pipes & understanding of supports.
* 3D CAD System pipe modelling routing experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Piping Designer, please send your CV to Alex Collins via the 'apply now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn