Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Anonymous
Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Housing Officer to join a busy team in the Slough area.
Purpose of the Role
* To deliver a high quality and customer focused housing needs service, including housing advice, access to the Housing Register and homelessness services.
* To use every available resource to tackle housing need and prevent homelessness in accordance to relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
* To contribute to the development, cohesion and integration of the wider housing service
Skills / Experience
* Minimum 12 months experience of working in Housing Advice, Homelessness or Tenancy Relations role.
* Experience of providing services to a diverse client group, managing difficult and vulnerable customers professionally and effectively, within the context of a front line customer focused service.
* Experience of working in confidential situations with an understanding of when & how to share sensitive information with customers and relevant agencies.
* Experience of homelessness and Housing Advice casework, file management and accurate recording of information.
* Knowledge of current housing, immigration and related legislation, case law, policies and good practice. Including Protection from Eviction Act 1977, relevant Housing Acts and Homelessness Acts.
If you would like to apply for this position please send a CV or call (Apply online only) and ask for Jordan for more details