Industrial Electrician III
Posted on Dec 17, 2018 by Fairfax County Government
Performs other electrical work as requested. In the absence of supervisor oversees the daily operation of the electrical section including oversight of the Industrial Electrician I's & II's.
Requirements and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Engages in safe working practices and complies with the Wastewater Collection Division safety programs and guidelines.
- Complies with DPWES Safety Competencies.
- Is subject to 24-hour on-call and may be required to report to work during extreme inclement weather or other emergencies, including after-hours and weekend work during emergency incidents to fulfill emergency service duties. The appointee(s) must make every reasonable effort to be accessible for communication. During unscheduled leave or administrative leave declarations by the County Executive, emergency service personnel are required to report for work. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action.
Any combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to the following:
graduation from high school, or a GED issued by a state department of education or equivalent and six years of experience as an industrial electrician.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidates possesses the following:
- Experienced with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Experience using computers.
- Work experience in an wastewater collection setting or similar environment.
- Experience working as a lead worker.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
A valid driver's license is required. A valid Commonwealth of Virginia Master Electrician's license.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Incumbents within this classification are subject to the following: pre-employment physical and annual thereafter, a criminal background check and driving record check.
Subject to 24 hour call back and must, therefore, be able to work emergency overtime. Subject to working in adverse weather conditions and may be exposed to raw waste or environments generating methane gas. Ability to distinguish different color wiring.
With or without reasonable accommodation. Able to lift 50 pounds. Frequent exposure to loud noised and rare exposure to airborne substances and routine climbing. Ability to distinguish colors. Has to enter confined spaces with weight restriction of 310 pounds..
Panel interview, may include an exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact for assistance; TTY . EEO/AA/TTY.