Clinical Informatics Manager (Business Analyst IV)
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Fairfax County Government
- Ensures accurate maintenance of clinical information in the EHR, coordinates with reimbursement services, and sets direction of training for agency clinical staff on the electronic health record.
- Directs and manages the development of appropriate clinical and technical business practices, utilizing process mapping techniques and integrates new and existing technology with business processes.
- Utilizes high level clinical knowledge, skills and abilities to improve overall quality and integrity of agency data management, and insures compliance with federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Interfaces with staff responsible for CSB compliance and risk management to ensure compliance with licensure and other regulatory requirements.
- Provides supervision and support to business analysts in the field to improve staff support, training and problem solving.
- Participates on teams involved in a range of activities, including implementation of new programs and integration of such programs' business processes in the field, auditing of the electronic health record, and management of agency clinical data, and leads/manages those teams where appropriate.
- Demonstrates technical ability and skill to set up and maintain clinical tables/data/forms in the CSB's EHR and other agency-supported applications, including but not limited to service types for billing and diagnosis. Provides expertise and support to reimbursement team and clinical staff to correct and update technological problems that impacts revenue.
- Meets and maintains professional standards and federal, state, county and CSB statutes, regulations, policies and procedures
- Supports continuity of operations (COOP) planning requirements for disaster recovery and collaborates with other County agencies as needed.
Note: To learn more about careers that make a difference, watch our video " CSB: Making a Difference in Our Community ". Illustrative Duties
- Provides direction to align technology with organization's strategy, priorities, and business needs;
- Serves as lead system administrator for multiple complex interdepartmental systems in multiple environments on a variety of platforms;
- Develops the processes and policies to ensure compliance with federal and state systems and regulations;
- Serves as agency's point of contact to coordinate and funnel agency's needs and requests through Human Services' centralized IT Strategic Planning Group;
- Oversees the evaluation and redesign of business processes to enhance business functionality and efficiency and to facilitate large-scale change;
- Leads efforts to seek ways of applying new and existing technology to business processes, providing expertise on technical trends and external practices;
- Manages the business process activities for the systems development life cycle for new and/or existing complex systems;
- Manages the development, implementation, interoperability, quality assurance, and security of systems;
- Identifies and maintains key performance measures for business processes associated with technical systems;
- Manages workgroups that perform documentation of system requirements and specifications detailing user needs to be utilized by system technical support members;
- Manages staff performing the functional testing process during solution implementation to ensure that they function correctly to serve user needs without compromising other system functions;
- Determines appropriate system life cycle techniques and methods for implementation;
- Supervises the delivery of training classes to user groups;
- Evaluates, prioritizes, and educates others on the technical implications of requested changes and improvements on systems;
- Brokers services with DIT and vendors on behalf of customers;
- Coordinates multi-system solutions to clarify interdependencies so that systems interface seamlessly with each other;
- Communicates with other IT functional areas to apprise them of project status, inform senior management of progress, and keep DIT's technology and service managers aware of user issues needing resolution;
- Stays abreast of technology changes.
- Advanced knowledge of methods, metrics, tools, and techniques of business process reengineering;
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods and tools for conducting performance assessments of IT systems, change management theories, and their application in a business environment;
- Advanced knowledge of procedures for developing technical and operational support documentation and tools for analyzing and developing test and evaluation procedures;
- Advanced knowledge of principles, methods and techniques of information technology assessment;
- Considerable knowledge of interdepartmental and/or countywide processes, procedures, and requirements;
- Considerable knowledge of the capabilities of information technology software, hardware, and network communication technology;
- Considerable knowledge of the capabilities of various computer platforms functioning in centralized, distributed, client server, and stand-alone environments;
- Considerable knowledge of effective processes, methods, techniques to analyze and evaluate business operations;
- Considerable knowledge of effective project management methods, practices and techniques;
- Knowledge of effective supervisory methods, practices, and techniques;
- Ability to manage/administer multiple computer systems in a diverse computing environment;
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires a comprehensive understanding of hardware/ software systems solutions;
- Ability to manage both small and large long and short-term projects under project timeline and resources;
- Ability to write computer program operating instructions;
- Ability to write effectively, including technical writing;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with a demonstrated track record in new concept development for various projects and complex technical plans;
- Ability to understand how IT affects an organization and ability to link it to redesigned business processes;
- Ability to work cooperatively with technical staff and end users and establish and maintain relationships.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to possession of a bachelor's degree in computer information systems, business administration, or related field; plus five years of experience in information systems and process redesign, managing and implementing all phases of the systems development life cycle, including at least one year of supervisory experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a Child Protective Services Registry, and a sanctions screening to the satisfaction of the employer. A TB screening upon hire and annually thereafter.
2 - 3 years working knowledge of Credible. 2- 3 years of management experience in healthcare environment.
Ability to travel to CSB sites to provide coaching/training/support. Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing. Ability to use keyboard driven equipment. Carry equipment weighing no more than 25 pounds. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
..... click apply for full job details