Patent Research Analyist-Chemical
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by KramerIP Search, LLC
Senior level patent research specialist. Alexandria, VA. Perform patent searches in chemistry, analyze chemical compounds, confer with clients, interpret search results, and write reports. Post-Graduate degree with research experience in either chemistry, synthetic chemistry, pharmaceutical, material science, or polymer chemistry. Demonstrated ability to perform detailed chemical structure searches (e.g. familiarity with chemical fragmentation codes). Some familiarity with performing biotechnology and macromolecule searches would be advantageous. Patent agent or attorney preferred.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry; more preferably, a graduate-level degree.
- Management experience with ability to monitor, mentor, train, and lead a team of scientists/engineers to meet deadlines, manage client expectations, and produce high level work product throughout.
- Specialized and practical knowledge of small-molecule pharmacopeia and general knowledge of the relevant patent art relating to the chemical production, compounding, dosing and administration of same; or specialized and practical knowledge of polymeric chemistry and general knowledge of the relevant patent art relating to the chemical production, utilization, modification and application of same.
- Experience with gene-sequence database searching and with interpreting and analyzing results produced therefrom is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and a demonstrated ability to analyze patent art and to explain such analysis at a high level.