Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Sanderson Recruitment Plc
Risk Analyst - Edinburgh
Salary c. £35,000 - £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Risk Analyst to join our financial services client in Edinburgh on a permanent basis. Acting as a key operational risk contact in the business, the successful candidate will be tasked with supporting senior stakeholder's primarily applying, developing and progressing risk event processes.
- Managing the performance of operations teams in relation to Risk events, addressing performance issues in a timely manner to ensure that there is no client or operational impact.
- Supporting the first line of defence with any Risk or Risk Event related queries.
- Risk Event Lifecycle management - designing and delivering improvements to the Risk Event process along with working across the business to ensure timely and accurate escalation, recording and reporting of Risk Events.
- Reporting & MI - delivering quality Risk Event MI to all levels of the business - from 1st line through to Governance Committees and Board Reporting.
- Action Plans - assisting in driving quality action plans, including appropriate ownership, oversight and escalation to ensure completion on schedule thereby mitigating risk exposure.
- Governance Committees - Participating in meetings to ensure that business is driving the right values in order to mitigate risk and reduce risk events.
- Attending regular client meetings; resolving all actions within agreed timescales.
- Ensuring the delivery of Risk Event reporting & managing client queries are on time and accurate.
- Challenging teams within operations to ensure complete information regarding Risk Events is collated.
- Keeping up to date with risk and controls knowledge, CASS developments and changes and sharing best practice/relevant information within the business.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will possess a proven analytical approach, excellent stakeholder engagement skills, and strong attention to detail and be working in a similar role, ideally within the financial services sector.
- Knowledge of the UK financial services and regulatory framework including the CASS Sourcebook.
- Experience in the Risk Event management and Controls.
- Knowledge and working experience of using Risk software.
- Continuous improvement experience - managing workflows and prioritisation.
- Control revision and enhancements.
- Understanding of process, risk and control management and assessment techniques, and how they can be applied to deliver outcomes for customers, regulators and the business.
- Proven communication (written and verbal) and influencing skills
- Substantial problem solving skills - Proven analytical skills; able to think laterally and conceptually
- Ability to prepare reports and present proposals plans/initiatives at Senior Management level
- Ability to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact (see below).
Oliver James Associates
Oliver James Associates