Posted on Jul 23, 2022 by CACI Network Services
London, United Kingdom
- Determining business needs and evaluating existing network infrastructure and systems.
- Suggest changes to optimise performance/increase resiliency/increase security. Where agreed and possible, implement these changes.
- Installing operating systems and service packs, as well as security patches and bug fixes.
- Troubleshooting and resolving VMware environment issues.
- Provide technical support to rest of the team.
- Documenting VMware knowledge.
- Keeping informed of developments in VMware technologies and products and sharing these with the team.
- Escalate where risks are identified and suggest Risk Management Plans.
- Follow team processes (eg Change Management)
- Review VMware configuration and suggest changes to optimise performance/increase resiliency/increase security.
- Where agreed and possible, implement these changes.
- Address issue of logical separations using OUs is not consistent with physical VMware cluster computing
- Ensure all VMware documentation is in place
- Train/upskill Engineers in the team
- Contribute to future redesign of network