Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by aap3
You will be undertaking Vulnerability tasks as directed by the Engineering Manager, ensuring that the Vulnerability assessments and designs are delivered.
You will be involved in the delivery of Vulnerability modelling, analysis and verification tasks, delivering against the HCF design requirements.
Day to day tasks:
- Responsible for delivering the modelling, validation and verification Scope of Work and schedule for Shock and Shock Qualification
- Undertaking leading activities in support of HCF design and build compliance to the vulnerability, shock and armour contract requirements.
- Undertaking Vulnerability activities, including assessment of equipment, systems, ship integration and implementation to manage Shock requirements
- Maintaining Shock predictions in line with the HCF design requirements; taking the lead to mitigate non-compliances and risks; working across project disciplines to achieve resolution.
- Supporting the system design development by the Stage 1 and Stage 2 teams, ensuring compliance with shock requirements and design rules;
- Achieving survivability maturity targets for Design Reviews;
- Supporting Zone Reviews to achieve FZIR;
- Supporting D&M contract placement on suppliers;
- Supporting system design development;
- Progressive refinement and updating of shock and vulnerability models as maturity of suppliers data increases.
- Defining shock performance requirements for equipment
- Use of project and company IT systems in support of project data management and configuration control in support of the HCF engineering design governance.
Knowledge of the below is required:
- Experience of engineering design processes
- Technical knowledge of Shock modelling, Analysis and Reporting including SURVIVE analysis tool
- Technical knowledge of ballistic protection and armouring design and installation techniques
- Technical knowledge of platform design and integration, with particular reference to shock, shock qualification, ballistic protection and the application of design rules
You will be required to:
- Operate in a large, complex project in a multi-disciplinary, Matrix management environment.
- Maintain documentation/calculation records under configuration control.
- Determin areas requiring technical investigation and acting to deliver.
- Manage sub-contracted engineering work.
You will need to have:
- Strong commitment and self-motivation
The impact of your role:
- The Role has direct impact through responsibility for quality of tasks/services, the tasks/services are closely related to others and therefore the effectiveness of the team
- The Vulnerability Engineeing is a key role and is responsible for defining the shock performance targets for the HCF project and then ensuring that the shock performance requirements are then demonstrated and verified in a timely and progressive manner to the CoA in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Effective networker
- Displays flexibility through response to change in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrates focus through monitoring work packages or projects
- Continuously improves standards of excellence in drive and commitment.
- Demonstrates Customer Focus through partnerships that shape customer expectations.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.