Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Hearts & Minds Pre-k
Hearts & Minds Preschool has a part-time teaching position available beginning January 2019. Hearts & Minds is a play-based preschool for children ages 3-6 years old. We are open year-round during the hours of 8am - 6pm.
We are looking for individuals who are creative, motivated, compassionate and energetic, to work as part of a team that values working with families and young children. We believe that children learn best through direct experience with the world around them. As teachers, we create a safe and engaging space for students to explore, experiment and express themselves in.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor and guide children's developmental progress and learning skills; Observe and document development and learning.
• Supervise and monitor activities and behavior of children to ensure their physical and environmental safe keeping.
• Demonstrate positive attitude, that reflects support and respect to entire school community: families, children, and co-workers
• Help to implement child-centered curriculum, and maintain a welcoming school environment.
Attend and participate in staff meetings and in-service training as scheduled
- 12 in Early Childhood Education credits or at least 1 year of experience working with preschool aged children.
- Availability to work 16 to 20 hours a week, Monday and Friday availability between 10am and 6pm is required.
- First Aid and CPR certified (can be completed upon employment)
Competitive compensation based upon educational background and experience, benefits include 7 weeks of paid vacation, paid sick days and monthly health stipend.
Interested applicants should contact Director at Hearts & Minds Pre-K with a resume that includes educational background and work experience. Please provide contact information including a phone number and email address.