Full-Time Nursing Faculty/Instructor Med/Surg
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Herzing University
Every day, nurses are directly impacting the lives of countless people, and this opportunity will allow you to share your background, education, experience, and insights with tomorrow's nurses.
Ask yourself - Are you someone who is interested in shaping the next generation of nursing professionals? If the answer is yes, then Herzing University may have a great opportunity waiting for you.
Bridging the gap between the theory and practice, our experienced nurse educators and practitioners engage LPN, ASN, and BSN students in an intimate learning environment. Our Nursing Faculty don't only teach in the classroom, but bring the learning to life in updated labs, simulation environments, and a variety of clinical rotations.
Qualified applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Currently holds an unencumbered licensure in the state of Florida as a Registered Nurse.
- Have a Master's of Science in Nursing.
- Have at least two years of medical/surgical experience in an acute clinical setting.
- Prior medical/surgical instructional experience is also strongly preferred (although not required).
Our Orlando campus student population is growing, and to meet the needs of our students, we have recently begun enrolling into a new Bridge - PN to ASN program at a partner site in Kissimmee, FL. You can expect to have the opportunity to teach some classes and labs at this location as well.
- In addition to teaching in the classroom and meeting with students during your office hours, our Nursing program has a clinical component. When applying to this job, you are confirming that you are able to do the following, in the classroom, lab and simulation environments, and at our clinical sites:
- Consistently communicate using the spoken word with students, staff and colleagues.
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
- Operate equipment specific to programmatic track, personal computer, audio-visual equipment, clinical equipment, etc.
- Stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Possesses the ability to reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Employ finger dexterity required to manipulate objects.
- Posses the ability to see and hear within normal parameters.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
Herzing University offers full-time employees a competitive benefits package, most of which are available on your first day. This also includes a generous Tuition Waiver Program for full-time employees (and eligible dependents) after one year of employment.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
A full job description will be provided during the interview process when you can discuss what this specific role will look like day-to-day, but the position's responsibilities fall into eight basic areas.
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Effective Communication
- Pedagogical Mastery
- Operational Excellence
- Appreciation and Promotion of Diversity
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Utilization of Technology to Enhance Teaching and Learning
- Continuous Improvement
alternate solutions health network
Crunch Fitness Int'l