IT Customer and Application Support Analyst
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by University of Pittsburgh
This position is a high-level, technical position and duties include the following:
- Resolving customer questions and problems that are passed from the Help Desk and Service Owners
- Supporting enterprise applications and providing feedback to Service Owners concerning desired features, common issues and opportunities for improvement
- Prompt completion of project tasks
- Assisting with enterprise application testing
- Working with vendors to resolve customer application issues
- Supporting remote desktopsAdditional responsibilities include providing support for mobile devices, mobile and wireless support for events, Ricoh printer configuration support, and assisting with enterprise migrations and implementation of new enterprise services.
Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and provide support over the phone, through email, and in person. Technical requirements include: extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; technical desktop (Windows and Mac) and mobile device (iOS and Android) expertise; ability to clearly and accurately document technical solutions; and experience in a technical call center/service ticket driven environment. Excellent troubleshooting skills are a must.
Candidate should possess a Bachelor's degree in CS, IS or a related field, have at least 6 - 8 years experience in the IT field and have IT customer support experience. The successful candidate must provide exceptional customer service, be willing to assist peers while facilitating the success of the Customer and Application Support team. Incumbent must have a demonstrated track record of achieving stated goals. Excellent professional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required. The ability to handle multiple priorities and react to immediate problems and tight deadlines is essential. Complete accuracy in writing is crucial. Applicants must provide three work-related references (supervisory, when possible) as well as include their complete employment history on their application.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering or related field required to meet the technical demands of this position. Experience with current Web and networking technologies including IIS, Active Directory, Exchange and VMWare is beneficial in addition to having worked with document management software and have an understanding of current paperless strategies and services.