Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
The SHE Manager will ensure that all who work at the Eastbourne site are able to carry out their roles safely and with minimum adverse impact on the environment. To provide support and guidance to the Eastbourne site management teams on SHE related matters. In so doing, ensure all compliance, legislative, safety and environmental responsibilities are complied with.
In order to achieve full compliance with all Risk Control Elements the job holder will have to work closely with local management to interpret and explain the various processes and to ensure that an effective infrastructure is put in place to guarantee continued compliance. In order to achieve this there are times when the job holder will have to spend a significant amount of time on site coaching management, establishing and subsequently auditing local procedures.
The job requires:
- Playing a major role in reducing or eliminating accidents.
- Troubleshooting Safety issues.
- Monitoring of regional SHE performance.
- Regular site audits.
- Producing Policy/Programmes as required by the General Manager, Safety
- Working with high degree of independence.
There may be some need to travel to UK & European locations, and maybe very occasionally to Asia or US locations.
The role requires very close interaction with the Eastbourne leadership team and section leaders, Cell Leaders, Team leaders, Laboratory and office managers as well as with peers at other Product Companies.
You will have:
- 5 years SHE experience preferred.
- Membership of professional body IEMA, IOSH.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Advanced Diploma in health and safety management preferred or NEBOSH Certificate.
- Diploma in Environmental Certificate preferred.
- Microsoft Office applications.