Posted on Jul 22, 2022 by South Staffs Water (Incorporating Cambridge Water Company)
Salary: Circa £27,500 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: South Staffs area and Cambridge Water area
At South Staffs Water we deliver clean and reliable water supplies to around 1.5 million customers within the South Staffs and Cambridge regions.
We now have a fantastic opportunity a full time Catchment Advisor to join our South Staffs Water and Cambridge Water teams. Reporting to the Water Resource & Environment Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the catchment and water quality teams with catchment understanding and risk management across our South Staffs Water and Cambridge Water areas. This a varied role involving catchment investigation and management activities in order to support our commitment to protect raw water quality. This role includes a mixture of field based and desk based activities to capture data, analyse and interpret data, and to understand the risks within our catchments. You will also work closely with our wider environment team so that the best solutions and engagement activities are identified.
• You will apply source pathway receptor principles and produce risk assessments for land use activities in our catchments
• You ll identify key sources of risk to our drinking water quality, and work with the wider business to identify mitigation actions required and develop an associated plan
• You ll help to produce reports on our catchment management activities, including input into drinking water safety plans (DWSPs)
• You ll collect in-catchment Water quality samples and manage hydrometric data
• You ll collate, analyse and interpret monitoring data to accurately determine sources of pollution
• You ll have a close working relationship with catchment advisors and engagement with landowners and other stakeholders in the catchment with schemes to protect water quality
• You ll provide technical support such as engaging with regulators and landowners, and assisting the business during pollution events
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to work proactively on their own and collaboratively within a team. Educated to degree level. You will ideally have experience of catchment management, and some knowledge of risk assessment processes and procedures.
An understanding of drinking water safety plans would be an advantage in this role, however not essential. You will hold a current valid UK driving licence as an essential part of this role will involving visiting sites.
As an employee of South Staffs Water you will have access to a range of benefits. For further details, please visit the Careers section of our website . To apply please forward your CV and covering letter to:
Closing Date: 7 August 2022
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS