Network Specialist, RAN & E2E performance
Posted on Jul 22, 2022 by Flint Consulting Limited
We are seeking a RAN & E2E Network Performance Specialist to work for one of the worlds leading telecom providers.
The key accountabilities within the RAN & E2E Performance domain are:
- define & undertake field assessment of new & existing services/functionality with particular focus on RAN and how it interacts with various Handsets/CN mixes to understand any abnormalities in the E2E network capabilities.
- collect & analyse protocol trace logs from Handset & Network for underperformance & defects in EE/BT's network and services.
- Perform root cause analysis using multiple sources of data primarily from:
- UE Application events/L1 information
- Drive Test UE logs covering OSI L1-L7.
but also, from:
- ENodeB/GNodeB and CN protocol analysis.
- 3rd Party OTT (Over The Top) protocol traces.
- Coverage data.
- Capacity data.
- OSS performance data
- Change logs.
- Work with owners of identified failure/underperformance areas to propose, agree and deliver fixes to allow improvements in service performance.
- Responsible for management of internal and external stakeholders and partners to ensure success of programme, resolution of issues and delivery of benefits.
- Operational responsibility for developing resource plans prioritises and allocates work to achieve projects or components.
- Operates outside of set designs and guidelines to find innovative solutions to optimise the delivery of the technical solution.
- Works collaboratively across teams to deliver network improvement in line with agreed milestones.
- You have in-depth knowledge of Mobile networks particularly 4G & 5G with a particularly deep understanding of signalling, design and operation.
- You have an excellent understanding of how defined RAN/E2E KPIs link to Customer Experience.
- In-depth knowledge of 4G/5G RAN/CN/UE signalling.
- Excellent troubleshooting & Optimisation skills.
- Have extensive experience in the mobile telecommunications industry as a lead designer with business-critical, high-availability/high-throughput systems and networks.
- In-depth experience in analysing drive test logs, Wireshark traces and protocol analysers traces for 4G/5G networks
- good knowledge of RAN parameters & timers.
- Good understanding of 3GPP & ETSI specifications.
- Full clean UK driving license
- Familiarity with test software & devices (Accuver/QXDM) & post-processing tools (XCAP).
- Knowledge of multiple RAN vendor products including Huawei, Nokia, and Ericsson.
- Knowledge of industry best practice methodologies for analysing, defining and documenting the link between input business requirements and output technical solutions.
- Experience in managing relationships with suppliers and third parties, product/feature selection and delivering those products into a production environment.
- Experience in working with LTE Commercial network-based Public Safety solutions.