Senior .Net Developer
Posted on Jul 21, 2022 by Zellis
This is a senior software engineer role with team-lead responsibilities. The role will be responsible for current and future development of a new cloud-based enterprise product. The role requires 6+ years of experience in a development role using the Microsoft.NET suite of products and Azure cloud-based technologies.
The successful candidate will enter an agile team of developers working primarily from home full-time. However, the candidate must be able to reach the Zellis Bristol office if required (for equipment, access and infrequent face-to-face meetings).
Additionally, the successful candidate will have strong communication skills and a desire to learn new technologies within the Azure cloud platform space.
- Product technical leadership. Responsible for working closely with the existing team and guiding existing developers.
- Contribute to an enterprise application in all key areas.
- Ensure defects are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Design and maintain new features based on client requirements.
- Effectively communicate new ideas, designs and achievements in developer meetings
- C# and Microsoft .NET: must be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of technical knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Azure and micro-services architecture.
- Keen understanding and prior experience with Logic Apps.
- Unit Testing: Must be able to write comprehensive unit tests for key areas of work.
- Must be aware of Agile software practices and work effectively within a small development team.
- Leadership and strong communication skills desirable.
- Power Apps skills, specifically Model Driven Applications on the Power Platform.
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365.
- Common Data Service experience.
- Knowledge and prior use of Azure DevOps as an Agile tool.
- Knowledge of Azure integration stack products: Service Bus, Azure Functions, Event Grid, etc are desirable.
- CI/CD Pipelines: Arm Templates/Terraform experience advantageous.
- T-SQL: must be fluent in SQL and have a clear understanding of writing and optimising queries.
- Web Design practice: understand and apply responsive principles on desktop and mobile.
- Accessibility: be able to design new features to ensure accessibility
- Prior knowledge of web frameworks including Bootstrap and jQuery
- Strong understanding of web security and common attacks (SQL Injection, CSRF, XSS, etc) as well as how to defend against them
- Version Control: Understanding of GIT desirable
- Knowledge of common payroll practices advantageous
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to gather information from, and for people.
- Excellent written skills with a good standard of English; ability to write clear concise and accurate documentation.
- Excellent attention to detail; ability to work with complex processes.
- Logical and analytical approach to problems; willingness and ability to seek own solutions to technical challenges.
- Ability to absorb information quickly.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and to use own initiative.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to work effectively from home and self-motivate. The successful candidate is required to have suitable accommodation to do so.
Following acquisition in February 2018, Zellis is now a standalone UK & Ireland company, no longer a subsidiary of the global NGA Human Resources business. We are very proud of being the market leader in our chosen field - Payroll and Human Resources Software and Service.
How we roll
With over 50 years experience and almost 2,000 employees we serve over 5 million of our customers employees and process in excess of 60 million payslips a year.
As a business we offer real-time recruitment, onboarding, talent and performance management services to over 600 customers via our powerful and integrated ResourceLink software.
We re in good companies
We re trusted by leading businesses throughout the UK and Ireland to help them with their most important resource - their people. We master what we do with a third of the FTSE 100, two thirds of the top 10 retailers and a third of all UK councils as our customers.
In the People team our aim is to build a culture that enables all our colleagues to be at their best with Zellis. We know to achieve that we have to offer great development, have open two way communication, recognise the small and big things our people do every day to deliver for our customers, attract great talent and ensure we have brilliant basics in place - using the best of our own products and services being top of that list!