Linux Systems Engineer (Contract) (Remote)
Posted on Jul 21, 2022 by Request Technology
Linux Systems Engineer - Contract (REMOTE)
*We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role*
A prestigious company is seeking a Senior Linux Engineer with heavy automation experience coming from a large environment preferably in the financial space.
- Ten years of experience managing a large 24x7 enterprise environment (hundreds of Servers, multiple sites).
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel (scheduling, networking, I/O, monitoring).
- Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates).
- Strong understanding of software engineering (design, testing, version control) and experience
- in two of: Python/Ruby/C/C++.
- Highly methodical and analytical approach to problem solving and evaluating technologies.
- Dedication to quality and attention to detail.
- Use the latest in systems management techniques to develop, test, and deploy configuration changes globally.
- Reduce administrative overhead wherever possible, an "automate everything" attitude.
- Identify key performance and capacity metrics and build scalable monitoring systems.
- Play a lead role in several R&D efforts and evaluate emerging technologies.
- Work closely with development teams on capacity scaling and performance tuning.
- Ensure Linux systems are adequately hardened and meet our security requirements.