Data Center Technician
Posted on Jul 21, 2022 by Ellis IT
Data Center Technician will be the technical liaison between the technology teams and the Data Center Environment. You are able to troubleshoot and solve hardware issues. As a skilled trouble-shooter on a wide range of technical environments and systems, you understand which issues to escalate to the appropriate resolver groups. You create and maintain documentation on hardware technologies you support. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate to best serve your clients but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved. You would also be expected to improve some of the processes and introduce automation with aim towards simplification. You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects.
5 Key Skills Required:
- Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems.
- Experience working in a mission critical operations environment.
- Strong Adherence to process and be process champion.
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written) and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers and staff.
- Ability to work productively in remote cross-functional teams or resourcefully and independently as an individual.
5 Areas of Responsibility:
- Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all production server hardware, software.
- Receive/ship data center equipment.
- Planning & commissioning new rack positions.
- Structured cabling installation is a significant part of this position.
- Keep up with the latest technologies and be apply to apply them appropriately.