Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Senior
Posted on Jul 20, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
*All Employees must be Covid-19 Vaccinated.*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Senior. This is a sub discipline of disaster recovery geared toward enterprise information technology, continuity exercises, planning, preparing, and executing infrastructure/applications test scripts. Any technology assessments and risk control monitoring validation are a plus to have. This senior will plan, prepare, and execute technology continuity exercises.
- Coordinate over 180 stakeholders across business teams, infrastructure and operations, cyber risk management, business application development, and business application end users in the planning and organization of recovery exercises.
- Collect and catalog recovery relevant views of infrastructure, applications, and business processes, including applicable business objectives and regulatory and compliance requirements. Act as a coach and mentor to facilitate periodic updates to them.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive, detailed reports on the successes and lessons learned from recovery exercises. Communicate outcomes to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Track and communicate status of improvement opportunities identified during recovery exercises.
- Lead continuous improvement of technology continuity testing, including improving process design, documentation templates, and support tooling.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with and offer continuous assistance and thought leadership to other contributors in the information technology organization.
- Maintains knowledge, ensures competency and compliance with policies and procedures, in order to be a continuity and recovery expert while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- 4+ years of experience in executing technology continuity or disaster recovery exercises
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree in a relevant field of study a plus
- A complete and working understanding of planning and executing technology continuity tests and disaster recovery exercises.
- Familiarity with dynamic continuity testing techniques, eg chaos engineering, a plus.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and standards relevant to the US Healthcare industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including technical writing, procedure creation, and documentation development). Must be able to effectively communicate security concepts to a technical audience
- Ability to clearly present complex/security subjects and findings to technical staff and management
- Strong technical writing skills including documentation development, process mapping, and visualization