WebSphere (HCL) Commerce Developer
Posted on Jul 20, 2022 by Wunderman Thompson Commerce
As a result of continuing growth, we are looking for a few strong HCL Commerce Developers with varying levels of experience. Candidates with exposure to web based J2EE technologies required to deliver successful Client projects.
- Installing, configuring and developing customised code for HCL Commerce
- Developing custom Controller Commands
- Performing the maintenance and modification of programs currently in production
- Coding new applications from predefined programs specifications
What we want from you:
- HCL Commerce V8 and V9 experience
- HCL Commerce functional architecture (eg store, catalog, merchandising, marketing, orders)
- HCL Commerce frameworks (eg Command framework, MVC,)
- Common HCL Commerce data models (User, Orders, Catalogs, Promotions etc.)
- HCL Commerce messaging infrastructure (inbound and outbound, REST, MQ)
- HCL Commerce development environment, SVN and GIT repos
- Java and J2EE development (eg JSP, JPA, Struts, Spring, core JAVA)
- Develop performant and secure code (incl. SQL) for high-traffic production use, following pre-defined principles and guidelines
- Experience with SOLR or Fred Hopper
- Demonstrate and develop to HCL Commerce best practices, especially with regards to security and customisations
- Knowledge of GDPR and how to limit exposure of customer data
- Have a working knowledge of Dynacache
- Containerisation using Docker and Kubernetes
If you know some of this even better!
- Knowledge of Cloud Platforms eg AWS and GCP
- An understanding of HCL Commerce architecture and deployment models (eg 3-tier, de-coupled storefront/search)
- Experience developing headless HCL Commerce solutions
- Use of Wiremock
- Having worked on solutions utilising edge-caches and CDNs eg Cloudflare
- Use of Bastion
What we'll give you:
The opportunity to work with some of the most respected brands across the world. We will give you respect for who you are, allow you to be yourself, empower you to make a difference and give you opportunities to grow and develop your skills.
We currently offer a great benefits package including a competitive discretionary bonus scheme, hybrid working that works for everyone, social events, training opportunities, competitive pension, medical insurance, life assurance, opportunities to buy and sell holidays, family friendly policies, discounts with 100's of leading retailers and much more!
Wunderman Thompson Commerce inspire people to shop online through digital solutions, driving growth for world-leading brands and retailers.
We create, support, and improve digital shopper journeys, across leading channels including retailers, direct-to-consumer (D2C), marketplaces (Amazon and beyond), and social channels. And we work with some of the biggest and most exciting brands around, such as Calvin Klein, MAC, Nestlé, Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Shell, Tiffany & Co. and Tommy Hilfiger.
Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, Wunderman Thompson Commerce are unique in our ability to connect world-class strategic thinking and creative insight with deep executional capability across technology and operations. Together, this enables us to deliver winning commerce solutions across all major digital routes to market worldwide.
We're part of WPP, a creative transformation company who use the power of creativity to build better futures for people, planet, clients and communities and is recognised as a Leader in The Forrester Wave : Commerce Services.
Tell me more!
We are a diverse team of 1700+ commerce experts across more than 20 offices worldwide, including state-of-the-art offices in Watford, Central London and an eCommerce Centre of Excellence in Lisbon. We believe that growth through commerce begins with connected customer experiences that amplify the brand and drive business outcomes. We excel at orchestrating commerce touchpoints through intelligent deployment and integration of world class technology from strategic partners like Adobe, SAP, Salesforce, HCL, Shopify, BigCommerce and commerce tools, as well as driving sales from marketplaces and retailers. We have recently expanded our capabilities to include NN4M, specialists in Mobile Commerce and Satalia, experts in Artificial Intelligence.
Our reputation is based on our people, and we believe we have some of the best in the business - people who are inspired, energetic and straight-talking, and who really want to understand both our clients and their customers. We are happiest when we are innovating and shaping the future of commerce. We live and breathe our values and take pride in what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
As our business grows internationally, we're looking for new people to join us on our journey to inspire and take a key role in shaping some of the best commerce solutions, services and websites in the world. Working as a team, no problem is insurmountable; we share in our client' successes and believe that anyone can show creative bravery no matter what their role is in the team.
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.