Posted on Jul 20, 2022 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
Solution Architect/Brussels North onsite 2-3 days a week/6 months/Start ASAP
In order to reinforce the actual team, we are looking for an experienced Project Architect/Solution Architect.
At my client, they are building the best Gigabit Network for Belgium & accelerating the fiber and 5G roll-out. This network will be unmatched in terms of capabilities, unavoidable on the long run and open to all. We will operate like a "digital native" company, becoming leaner, Legacy free and truly fit for a digital world. As Solution Architect, you will help translate those complex & new business needs into end-to-end IT solutions.
The solution architect team currently counts 45 specialists & experts. It is working in IT solutions supporting areas such as new digital approaches, sales and customer service, the fixed and mobile networks of the future (Fibre & 5G) and innovative solutions for the residential (eg Android TV,...), professional (eg ICT workplace, security, SD-WAN,...) and wholesale market.
As solution architect, operating in agile context, you are in contact with multiple stakeholders: network, product and services, process experts, IT experts, latest digital technologies, AI... You drive those interactions & help assess functional & non-functional requirements, cost versus benefit It will be key to understand what the business needs and together with the Domain & Application Analysts define efficient IT solutions. They must be future proof & aligned with the Enterprise Architecture.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Understand, Analyze and challenge the business needs.
* Do the first evaluation of the business request and determine a high level solution & costs (Intake process)
* Elaborate the end to end Solution Architecture in close collaboration with the IT delivery teams taking into account business (functional) and operational (non-functional) requirements.
* Design the solution aligned with the target architecture defined by the Enterprise Architect.
* Support the solution development, testing and implementation.
* Share your experience with your colleague Project Architects.
* Support the test managers to define the testing strategy & scenarios
* Engineer in Telecommunications/IT or equivalent by experience
* 3-5 years of experience in IT.
* A minimum 2-3 years' experience in a similar role (IT architect, business architect, solution architect) within the telecommunication sector is a strong asset.
* Background as Senior Functional Analyst is also good
* Your extravert approach gives you the capability to build a network within the company.
* Capacity to work autonomously but also in team.
* Thirsty to learn with an open, analytical, creative mind.
* Result oriented
* Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
* Able to negotiate in order to resolve conflicts and drive to decisions
* A first experience in Agile is an asset for the position.
* English is required. It's a MUST. on top of a very good written and verbal knowledge of French or Dutch.